PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone holder for bike?

93legendti
03-13-2005, 05:20 PM
There is only 1 call I would answer while riding (first stopping quickly of course)... from my wife, because she would only call in an emergency). Anyone know of a device to mount my cell to my HB's so I can see if my wife calls? I hate fishing the cell out of my pocket to see the caller ID...

Bruce K
03-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Topeak makes a nice little cell phone holder that clamps to your seatpost but I bet it would work on a stem as well. The bracket clamps to the post with a plastic "pipe clamp" and the case can be removed with the psuh of a button.

It is not waterproof so a small baggie might be in order to avoid the sweat drips.

BK

Bill Bove
03-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Slightly off topic but have you seen that Oakley and Motorola are working on a cell phone built into a pair of sunglasses? I want a voice activated digital camera built into mine so when I say "oh Shiiiiiiii" I can look at the pictures of me and my bike bouncing down the road.

PanTerra
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
There is only 1 call I would answer while riding (first stopping quickly of course)... from my wife, because she would only call in an emergency). Anyone know of a device to mount my cell to my HB's so I can see if my wife calls? I hate fishing the cell out of my pocket to see the caller ID...

Can you set your wife's incoming calls to a specific ring?

93legendti
03-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Can you set your wife's incoming calls to a specific ring?

You know I was just thinking about that. That is probably a good idea if the bracket doesn't work out....thanks!

keno
03-13-2005, 09:00 PM
You might want to consider one of these babies that attaches to the top tube and stem. You might even have room for some sushi as well as the phone.

http://www.trisports.com/benbakil.html

keno

toaster
03-13-2005, 09:44 PM
I've got a Palm Pilot with Windows XP zipped tied to my stem. I'm sending e-mails at 32kph.

Just kidding!

Kevin
03-14-2005, 05:34 AM
I've got a Palm Pilot with Windows XP zipped tied to my stem. I'm sending e-mails at 32kph.

Just kidding!

Is the kidding part the speed or the e-mails? :beer:

Kevin

93legendti
04-08-2005, 08:27 AM
http://www.m2racer.com/products.php?entry=products&id=13

!!

SGP
04-08-2005, 11:41 AM
wear a "hands free" earpiece, put the phone in your jersey pocket

Len J
04-08-2005, 01:02 PM
You know I was just thinking about that. That is probably a good idea if the bracket doesn't work out....thanks!

I have my Kids and Wife trained that in an emergency they should call on my cell, let it ring twice and then hang up and call me again. By the time they call back I have stopped and can answer the phone safely......any other calls are ignored.

Len

93legendti
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Len, that's a good idea.

William
04-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Good ideas.

I should probably carry mine....but to this point I haven't. I think I'll re-evaluate my position of the minimalist approach.

William

sspielman
04-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Note to senor Jerk: If you are going to call 93legendti on his cell phone for a friendly chat, you should let it ring twice, hang up, and then call back.....

Elefantino
04-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Best cell phone holder: Snack bags. They're smaller than sandwich bags.

Actually, the best cell phone holder is my car. I usually leave the cell phone in the car, by accident, or on purpose, I'm not sure which, for many rides. Maybe, subconsciously, I don't want to be bothered. Besides, if it's an emergency, the wife knows my buddies' cell numbers.

But the boss doesn't. :banana:

dgauthier
04-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Doesn't your phone support caller groups? Why not just give your wife's number a distictive ringtone, and leave the phone in your pocket, or whereever.

93legendti
04-15-2005, 11:43 AM
I agree, but it's tough to hear when the wind is blowing and going faster than 20 mph. This looks like the ticket:

http://www.ravx.com/pages/Saddlebags/VertX.html

flydhest
04-15-2005, 12:27 PM
I saw one of those for sale, it was "lightly used."

slideways
04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
M2 racer makes a little silicone figure eight shaped piece for holding anything to your bars works great for gps and Ipod should work for cells too

dirtdigger88
04-15-2005, 12:40 PM
I saw one of those for sale, it was "lightly used."

yeah but the sell had a good history- so I think you are safe

Jason

93legendti
04-15-2005, 01:05 PM
yeah but the sell had a good history- so I think you are safe

Jason

Ah, 2 idiots who would believe a crazed psycho like Frank. Always great to hear from you 2 dolts. Dirt, you still making Sean Kelly look stretched out on the bike? :D

I am flattered one of my posts could get you 2 to slither out of the muck long enough to be productive posters. Let's talk about Nico and Ludo!!

Len J
04-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Ah, 2 idiots who would believe a crazed psycho like Frank. Always great to hear from you 2 dolts. Dirt, you still making Sean Kelly look stretched out on the bike? :D

I am flattered one of my posts could get you 2 to slither out of the muck long enough to be productive posters. Let's talk about Nico and Ludo!!

old addage: "The best defense is a good offense."

Like all loud noises, this one will eventually die out.

Len

JohnS
04-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Obviously, someone has no sense of humor. Well, I guess it's better that he takes it out on us, rather than the wife, baby or dog.

93legendti
04-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Obviously, someone has no sense of humor. Well, I guess it's better that he takes it out on us, rather than the wife, baby or dog.

Yours is the funniest post yet. Check my eBay and Amazon feedback then go have a good laugh. Besides, Dirt and Fly know I'm just having fun, just like they are. They can take it.

flydhest
04-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Yours is the funniest post yet. Check my eBay and Amazon feedback then go have a good laugh. Besides, Dirt and Fly know I'm just having fun, just like they are. They can take it.

Actually, given all the profanity you used in the private message you sent to me, I don't think you're having fun at all. While JohnS is funny, I don't think he was making a joke at that point. Who knows?

93legendti
04-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Actually, given all the profanity you used in the private message you sent to me, I don't think you're having fun at all. While JohnS is funny, I don't think he was making a joke at that point. Who knows?

Boo hoo. I think the reason they are called private messages, is the contents are PRIVATE, perhaps you do not know what that means. But then again, your PM was not to wish me well, but it was sticking your a** in something you had no first hand knowledge about, which makes you a busy body, as well as having limited intellectual capacity. I appreciate your advice re: my sig. Yours is cool and I will try to emulate it. Can you tell me about Ludo and Nico?

Of course, we're just kidding, you can take it, right?

JohnS
04-15-2005, 04:12 PM

You're right. Your feedback scores were VERY enlightening. I kept looking for the one from Mrs. 93legendti. I didn't see it. Perhaps the product you're selling doesn't satisfy her needs! :D

93legendti
04-15-2005, 04:13 PM
You're getting funnier!

Climb01742
04-15-2005, 04:18 PM
guys, is this worth it, from all sides? is this helping the forum in general or any member individually? i'm begging everyone...let the weekend begin! :banana: :banana: :banana:

93legendti
04-15-2005, 04:28 PM
You are right, sorry. Time to decide which bike to ride tommorow, fill up the tires and bottles. Sorry again.

gasman
04-15-2005, 04:32 PM
. Time to decide which bike to ride tommorow, fill up the tires and bottles. .

This is what all of us need to do. I know I'm riding my rain bike tomorrow.What a suprise ! :D

coylifut
04-15-2005, 04:44 PM
don't you think days like today are actually easier to plan for than days like the last few. At least you know the following:

1. Yes, it's going to rain - not shower - no sunbreaks, just steady rain
2. Dressing is much easier - no "well what will I wear." Insulated tights, heavy shoe covers and a rain cape. case closed.
3. Hmm, do I grab the good bike and risk getting caught in the rain and then I'll have to clean it. No. It's a steady rain, I'll be riding fenders. No doubt.

Have a good, but wet weekend

Air Jer
04-15-2005, 04:59 PM
93 Legend Ti: A lot of people really don't like you very much anymore. I am stunned you returned for a visit.

William
04-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Actually, given all the profanity you used in the private message you sent to me,...

Gee, how come nobody ever sends me dirty pm's??? :confused: :(

William

BaaWoo!

gasman
04-15-2005, 05:30 PM
coylifit-

Yep you're correct.Life is simplier when you know it is going just rain.None of the trying to cram a rain coat into your jersey, no trying to figure out which bike, which gloves, shoe covers etc. in case of the proverbial "showers". Our weather people have more ways to describe potential rain- -partly cloudy, showers, some showers, intermittant showers, possible rain, some clearing, clouds and sun, partly sunny, mostly cloudy, but all the reports for tomorrow say --rain--.

Embrace the rain grasshopper.

Birddog
04-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I thought about this when Frank's thread got started after reading all the remarks by the bystanders. A long, long time ago, I remember my father saying to my mother something along these lines: "If the neighbors ever get into a fight again, please don't take sides, no matter what you think you know about the situation, it just isn't worth the bad feelings that are generated, esp after the dust settles. They are still going to be our neighbors but one or both of them is gonna hate us"

Birddog

93legendti
04-15-2005, 06:03 PM
93 Legend Ti: A lot of people really don't like you very much anymore. I am stunned you returned for a visit.

And I am stunned you can spell. They didn't like me "before". If you were secure and mature, you would know caring if the "in-crowd" likes you is a waste of energy and time.

Where's Nico?

Climb01742
04-15-2005, 06:07 PM
birddog, your pop was wise.

just a suggestion, forum pals: let's call a time-out on negative personal comments. respecting each other is necessary, it seems. liking each other is optional. shall we follow bird's wise dad? :beer:

Climb01742
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM

dude, is this necessary? let's chill, ok? ;)

Air Jer
04-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Climb: OK

93legendti
04-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, good advice. If you all want to hate me and/or think I am a scammer, you are free to do so. I know what Serotta shipped on my bike; what my LBS inspected and what I shipped to Frank. If you want to believe Frank when you have no first hand knowledge, be my guests. Just beause you do not like me or my opinions does not mean I am a scammer. I have more bike parts lying around than 2 bikes would need to be built up. I did not need the money from the cranks and they didn't change my life one bit.

Until Frank had people PMing me and harassing me; posted private emails with out my permission; altered my emails; posted pictures of I do not know what--other than they weren't the cranks I shipped; stalked me on OTHER forums and harassed me thru email, I was willing to let him keep BOTH cranks. So only Frank and I know what REALLY happened. Feel free to hate me.

BumbleBeeDave
04-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Does this have anything to do with cycling any more? Climb is absolutely right.

The old forum collapsed under the weight of petty personal squabbles like this taken to ridiculous lengths. There are PM’s and regular e-mail for crap like this. If you have personal feuds, take them offline and here on the forum, at least . . .

Let’s. Move. On.

BBDave

93legendti
04-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I tried the M2 gadget on yesterday and today's rides (30 and 50 miles) and it worked great.