PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Basso

weisan
03-04-2010, 08:31 PM
http://alicehui.com/pics/ivan.jpg

Looks to me like he's ready to shed some rivals in the climbs this year. :beer:

peanutgallery
03-04-2010, 08:51 PM
No heart, he's damaged goods and feeling lucky to be back in the good graces of the cycling powers that be.

Wonder how close he was to signing with Rock Racing or something a year or 2 ago? Also wondered what the criteria for a comeback from doping happens to be. Some flame out and others get to ride like nothing ever happened. Just a thought

93legendti
03-04-2010, 08:56 PM
http://alicehui.com/pics/ivan.jpg

Looks to me like he's ready to shed some rivals in the climbs this year. :beer:
He looks good.

weisan
03-04-2010, 10:21 PM
No heart, he's damaged goods and feeling lucky to be back in the good graces of the cycling powers that be.

Wonder how close he was to signing with Rock Racing or something a year or 2 ago? Also wondered what the criteria for a comeback from doping happens to be. Some flame out and others get to ride like nothing ever happened. Just a thought
peanut-pal, your thoughts are legitimate.

thegunner
03-04-2010, 11:34 PM

apparently if you win big like floyd llandis...

1centaur
03-05-2010, 05:06 AM
He was upper end pack fill before he doped. Now he's older. Can greatness emerge from that combination?

soulspinner
03-05-2010, 06:00 AM
But for Lance, hed have won the tour ahead of Ulrich. Great climber who looks like hes been hangin with the right supermodels. :beer:

oldpotatoe
03-05-2010, 07:48 AM

Righto..there are riders that are 'damaged goods' who have been caught and those riders who are 'damaged goods' who haven't been caught. There is no black and white but a large gray center area, where all pros(and some amateurs) dance around in. WHY they pay big bucks for personal doctors. Anybody that thinks they do it on bananas and mineral water is living in the magic kingdom full time.

I love bike racing, probably follow it more closely than most here but it's bicycles and entertainment, afterall...

I think Ivan looks great and will put the hurt on the likes of LA and some other 'stars' of the pelOton.

rockdude
03-05-2010, 08:31 AM
I bet we see him pop up a few times this year but he want be the force he was before.