PDA

View Full Version : The joy of building up a new bike

Smiley
03-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Nothing to me compares, really. The Bedford is on the work stand and all details are being tended to. Took the couplers apart and boy when you look from the inside out you can see craftsmanship. Fenders are being painted Gloss black today and pretty soon she will go back together with SRAM silver grouppo.

Pete Serotta
03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
You are a tease!!!! :no: :no:

WE WANT built up pictures...

bigman
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Absolutely- frustrating post.

rugbysecondrow
03-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Nothing to me compares, really. The Bedford is on the work stand and all details are being tended to. Took the couplers apart and boy when you look from the inside out you can see craftsmanship. Fenders are being painted Gloss black today and pretty soon she will go back together with SRAM silver grouppo.

I look forward to seeing it this weekend.

Thanks,

Paul

gone
03-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I agree 100% There's absolutely nothing like building up a brand new bike from scratch. When I bought my Parlee, as soon as I ordered the frame I placed an order for all of the parts to build it up. Just looking at all of them and imagining them on the new bike added to the excitement. When the frame came, just taking all the protective plastic off of all the new parts, cutting cables to length, etc., were really fun.

Nothing like it for anybody who loves bicycles.

Edited to add: Here's a picture of the Parlee and it's pile of parts.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13996&stc=1

Dekonick
03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Amen.