PDA

View Full Version : did anyone else in new england feel it today?

Climb01742
03-02-2010, 11:18 AM
i was able to get out for a ride today between 10 and noon, and something in the weather today felt like we've turned a corner. it's not that it feels like spring yet but somehow it feels like winter's grip slipped today. it made my soul smile. did anyone else up this way feel it too?

jasond
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
I was just commenting to a co-worker that it "looks" like spring/summer outside. Not sure why either.

J

paczki
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm about to take a little lunch ride on my single speed. But New England has a way of coming right back at you. That's why I'm going to Austin on Saturday. :)

CNY rider
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
I was out snowshoeing on Sunday; the sun appeared for all of 10 minutes but wow did it feel good. :beer:

rwsaunders
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Spring is in the air...only two more weeks of grade school basketball...

ChipRI
03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
I just returned from lunch and feel the same way. Maybe it's the angle of the sun, or that the frost is all out of the ground after last week's rain.

There might be some setbacks along the way - March is so unpredictable - but we're definitely heading in the right direction. I'm with you!!

Kevan
03-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Oooo-boy! I sure did enjoy that 40 foot walk from my car to the office door.

ThomasRZ
03-02-2010, 12:07 PM
You'll have your heart broken. I felt the same way here in Chicago, but I know a week from now, something terrible and icy will happen.

93legendti
03-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I've felt it the last few days...YEA!

ChipRI
03-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Oooo-boy! I sure did enjoy that 40 foot walk from my car to the office door.

Actually, I rode my bike home (about 4 miles), had lunch and rode back.

What's your point anyway?

MMcG
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
We'll probably get hammered again with a St. Patrick's Day snowstorm or something like that.

nahtnoj
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I felt it on the ride to work this morning. I know exactly what you mean.

39cross
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Funny thing you should mention it...I was walking outside with a coworker between buildings and she said the same thing. Sun is up much much earlier now and sets later. Saw robins this past weekend. So yes, spring is on its way.

rockdude
03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I feel it, today here in Boulder CO, it is in the 50's and I have a window open. I haven't had a window open since Oct. On the downside, Vail should be 45 today.

TBDSeattle
03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Here in Seattle we have had 3 days in a row with no rain. That is the local definition of "spring".

Also last week both Sat and Sunday were rain free... I got 95 miles on Sat and 55 on Sunday. It has rekindled my belief that the winter will eventually end!

TimD
03-02-2010, 02:29 PM
i was able to get out for a ride today between 10 and noon, and something in the weather today felt like we've turned a corner. it's not that it feels like spring yet but somehow it feels like winter's grip slipped today. it made my soul smile. did anyone else up this way feel it too?

It was real nice at 0545 - nearly full moon going down, gorgeous pink sky to the east... Thirty-one degrees, calm wind, no ice. All good!!!

Mr. Squirrel
03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
i feel it. i am in heaven. and a bit frisky too.

mr. squirrel

dekindy
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
My Tuesday night group is scheduling a ride for Thursday evening because we go the fever. Reports were that Sunday afternoon rides were good except for the winter potholes and some isolated sections for short distances that snow had to be navigated through. Nothing snow covered enough to cause anyone to dismount and walk. It is sunny and warm today with patches of snow left to melt. Even warmer temperatures are forecasted for tomorrow. Maybe Spring is around the corner? My mom always said that March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion, so we shall see.

Daylight savings time is just around the corner.

Keith A
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I know I shouldn't even be posting on this discussion since I live in Florida, but this year has been the coldest winter I can remember. I did a quick 30 miles at lunch time today and this was the first time in a long time I didn't have to wear something in addition to bibs and a jersey. But mother nature made up for this with some crazy winds that were sustained at 25mph and gusts up to 40mph. I started to wonder if I was ever going to make it back to my office.

Our temperatures drop back down starting tomorrow with lows in the 30's...brrrr.

tv_vt
03-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, it's definitely a new season in Vermont. Always right around Town Meeting Day (today), things start looking up. Snuck out of the office this afternoon for a nice 22 mile ride. Birds singing, sap buckets on the maple trees, ice out on the Connecticut River - 49 bloody degrees!

XC skied both days last weekend, finally feeling in shape for it - so you know that season is almost over. Never fails - just as I really click with my skis, the snow goes away.

T

Ti Designs
03-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Dairy Joy on Rt 117 in Weston Ma opens on March 10th. That's my definition of the change of seasons - it's almost ice cream season baby!!!

mtbmike
03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I have worked outside in upstate NY almost all season. FINALLY feeling warm sun on my skin today was huge! Even if it did only last for several hours. Took a big bite out of the 30" we recieved last week.

1centaur
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Absolutely. Line of geese this morning heading north following 95. They are never wrong.

Security guard at the parking garage had a big grin on her face when she said, "It feels great out there, doesn't it?"

Squirrels and chipmunks everywhere.

March 20 is usually my first ride of the year, by coincidence (I don't get to do weekdays), and it feels like it might come a little early this year.