PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Bedford Bikes have arrived- Washington DC area

Smiley
02-28-2010, 09:42 AM
I am offically the new K Bedford Bike dealer in the Baltimore/Washington/Annapolis area. At our Meet and Greet Kelly made the offical announcement. I am proud to represent a true Master Frame Builder in Kelly Bedford and with the addition of Bedford bikes to my already powerfull Serotta line up and am better armed to provide the best fittings that lead up to spec'ing the best brands of bikes on the planet. Bedford and Serotta make up for a balanced product mix of frame offerings to my clients. Stop by and see two of Kelly's works of art here in my studio as I will ALSO have a Tig'd touring frame on order shortly for my wife Karen for display and demo.

palincss
02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Congratulations. It's a great fit: a first class fitter and a first class builder. Your clients speak for you, and Kelly's frames speak for themselves. Bravo!

(So what happened, you get so many for yourself now you've got to sell some because you ran out of room in the house? :rolleyes: )

Pete Serotta
02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
It is white and was at the show... Very very nice. I do not know how Kelly can do it, but it is customer sized and custom tubing (based on rider requirements) for $1795 in a single color for all orders/deposits received prior to 3/15/10. After that the price is $1995 for road and $2095 for cross.

If you are in driving distance of Smiley, go see him for a sizing and further details...

If you are in the NJ area, I hear that CYCLESPORT will have a demo one soon.

If in NC area, our veru own SPOKES should have one by April also.....

rugbysecondrow
02-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Smiley, congrats.

Paul

soulspinner
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Who says the good guys never win? Congrats :beer:

Dekonick
02-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Good to hear it! A nice marriage of options between the options you offer.

FWIW - Smiley fittings are worth the investment in time and money. :beer:

SamIAm
02-28-2010, 08:23 PM
It is white and was at the show... Very very nice. I do not know how Kelly can do it, but it is customer sized and custom tubing (based on rider requirements) for $1795 in a single colour for all orders/deposits received prior to 3/15/10.

If you are in driving distance of Smiley, go see him for a sizing and further details...

1795 is an absolute steal for one of those frames.

SPOKE
02-28-2010, 10:11 PM
It is white and was at the show... Very very nice. I do not know how Kelly can do it, but it is customer sized and custom tubing (based on rider requirements) for $1795 in a single colour for all orders/deposits received prior to 3/15/10.

Actually......I am proud to announce that I am central NC's exclusive Bedford dealer!!! I will have examples of his $1795 tig'ed bikes in road and cross styles for demo just as soon as he can get them built. The tig'ed frames will be great platforms for the budget minded racer that appreciates a great fitting/performing bike. feel free to contact me if you are ready to see some wonderful examples of Kelly's work. spoke998@earthlink.net

Smiley
03-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Cycles Sport NJ
Smiley
Spoke

All great folks to do business with and add Kelly Bedford bikes in this mix = Winning combo.

I like what I see shaping up for a more get the product out beyond the boundries of traditional small builder marketing for KBedford Bicycles.

soulspinner
03-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Looks like a screaming deal. The price gets ya an Alpha q gs-10 too and Spirit/s-3 tubing. Hes within driving distance..... :D

bumperjohn
03-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I look forward to picking up my Bedford from you this weekend.

John

dave thompson
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I look forward to picking up my Bedford from you this weekend.

John
Cigars all around! Congrats.

fiamme red
03-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Cigars all around!http://gothamist.com/attachments/jen/2010_02_canbeer5.jpg

dave thompson
03-02-2010, 10:03 AM
They're getting Bedfords too?

Tom Byrnes
03-02-2010, 10:10 AM
There were six or seven examples of Kelly's work on display at NAHBS.

Each bike different: lugged steel, titanium, stainless steel, TIG welded, etc.

Each bike stunning.

It's great to see Pete, Smiley, Michael Grotz, SPOKE, et al. assisting Kelly in getting Kelly's bikes seen and sold.

As Rob stated, the TIG bike is a steal at this price.

Tom

P.S. Of course, every handlebar was dressed in beautiful Handlebra tape.

Cantdog
03-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Whirlwind weekend, great to see Smiley and a few other familiar faces! Unfortunately I didnt get to spend too much time checking out the Handlebra tape...I need some.

The Bedford bikes left one hell of an impression on my friend who came with me, he'll be ordering a cross bike in time for the fall!

Cyclocross Worlds and NAHBS Louisville 2013....just sayin'.

jlwdm
03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
... The price gets ya an Alpha q gs-10 too and Spirit/s-3 tubing. ..... :D

Did Alpha Q make it out of the bankruptcy (true temper) and are they making forks now?

Jeff

dave thompson
03-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I absolutely love the stuff! Just wrapped my new Hors Categorie, my wife's Calfee and the Taylor's had it on for almost a year. A really great product by one of our own!
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6629/handlebra21.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/i/handlebra21.jpg/)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3382/handelbra11.jpg

djg
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
That's cool news Smiley -- congrats to you for picking up Bedford and congrats to KB for picking up such a fine local representative.

I'm not going to be the first or twenty-first to say this, but folks in the DC area know that Smiley will treat you right.