PDA

View Full Version : Windy and Wet.

duke
02-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Quite a night on the NH coast. Wind blew a steady 70 mph with gusts to 90 here. I found out which windows still leak, but other than that no damage. I haven't seen it blow like that for years. I am glad it was rain and not snow. Hope everyone else fared okay.
duke

William
02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Wind wasn't blowing quite that hard but it's been raining like a mutha the last two days. Found out I have a leak in the roof of our shop barn. Other than that, just soggy as all get out.

William

thwart
02-26-2010, 06:55 AM
'Windy' would be OK, but I've never heard of a kid named 'wet'.

Oops. Wrong thread... :rolleyes:

Ray
02-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Its been blowing and snowing here for two days. Nothing much stuck yesterday - schools were closed because the forecast was for much worse than we ended up getting. Today it crazy out there. Incredible winds and snowing like a mutha. Accumulations aren't much, just a few inches, but the drifts are pretty big in places. Everything's shut down today with justification. Just walked the dog and its a good day to stay inside.

-Ray

RADaines
02-26-2010, 07:12 AM
I am up in central Montgomery county (PA) and we have been in blizzard conditions since I got up. Horizontal snow and what looks like drifted snow two feet deep in my driveway. I did not expect this based on what I saw when I went to bed last night. The snowblower is certainly getting a work out this year. Pretty fed up with winter at this point.

Bob

Climb01742
02-26-2010, 07:30 AM
last night here was downright spooky. the wind drove the rain against the windows like rocks. we have some big windows and there were moments i wondered if they'd crack. branches were getting blown around like match sticks. luckily, none were blown against windows. we had one window leak. was so glad to wake up this morning to calm.

Ralph
02-26-2010, 09:09 AM
This has been a very cold winter here in Central Florida also. It's been difficult to keep up my almost daily riding this winter. Not looking for sympathy though.....considering what you guys are getting. Leaving for a ride now.....no clouds, no wind, very sunny, but very cold at 45 degrees, expecting about 60 by noon. Will wear leg warmers.... a bummer. Stay warm you guys.

Johny
02-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Walking two hours to work after shoveling one foot deep snow on our long driveway (with great help from my neighbor's snow blower after he saw me working hard without getting too much done).

rickbb
02-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Trees down all over the place in Kittery Point. I had a 60' spruce come down 20' from the house. Need a couple cords of softwood?
At least the salt is being washed/blown off the roads.

William
03-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Well, discovered that the storm really did a number on the roof of our shop barn. I was figuring I was going to have to re-shingle it this summer but it looks like my plans have been unexpectedly moved up. :crap:

William