PDA

View Full Version : Freewheel thread extenders / chainline fixer?

toasttoast
02-25-2010, 05:01 PM
I have an old original HED disc, designed around a 6spd freewheel. i've found that nobody really wants a 6spd disc wheel in 2010, so i'm toying with the idea of getting it usable on the track...

spacing down to 120mm is easy enough, but, of course, the chainline is way off by simply tossing a track cog on there. can't re-dish a big chunk of composite crap :)

anyway, HED sells this:

http://www.hedcycling.com/accessories/hed3_rear_track_kit_thread.asp

but i don't want to sink more than $20 into this. i think i can get by with just the "chainline fixer" part, which goes on the threads, then has more threads of its own, further out from the hub.

are there any non-cycling sources to get something like this? 1.375 x 24 TPI standard threading... yep.

(i know the obvious answer - you can't get a disc wheel for $20 :) but maybe there's an ingenious solution out there )

thanks.

AndrewS
02-25-2010, 10:31 PM
That is not a particularly difficult item to make on a lathe out of aluminum. Take a sketch to a machine shop and get a quote.

aaronf
02-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Hed does sell the chainline adapter separately. I bought one from them last fall (2009) for about $40.
Aaron