PDA

View Full Version : Versus on Direct TV

cmg
02-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Is Versus ever going back on Direct TV? Cycling on TV is going to be slim this season.

Big Dan
02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
It appears that it won't happen.

SoCalSteve
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
So, for us DirecTV users, what do we do about the Tour de France, etc...???

Is Dish any better?

Thanks,

Steve

fourflys
02-25-2010, 12:57 PM
I had heard that D-TV had Versus just for the one of the big races (Tour?) last year.... maybe the same this year?

sevencyclist
02-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I recently switched from Direct TV to ATT and was happy to find out that Versus is on their 200 level plan. Don't know if they will have all the spring classic races though.

chuckroast
02-25-2010, 07:07 PM
It's about the only reason I stick with Comcast. SInce they own VS, it would seem they have little incentive to settle their dispute with Direct TV.

GuyGadois
03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I can't stand it any longer. I love watching pro cycling and hate missing the Classics. I know I can watch them live on the computer but I like the big screen.

I think I am going to "make the leap" over to Dish. Am I going to regret this?

Guy

JMerring
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
It's about the only reason I stick with Comcast. SInce they own VS, it would seem they have little incentive to settle their dispute with Direct TV.

i'm with you. since uverse isn't available in my neighborhood (even though it has been available at a friend's house 2 minutes - by foot - away for over a year), i looked into directv and didn't go with them because of versus. i hate comcast more than i ever hated any us-based airline (and there was a ton of hate reserved for them), and regularly wish that comcast goes bankrupt. what are the chances brian roberts is a forumite?

BarryG
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I think I am going to "make the leap" over to Dish. Am I going to regret this?
Guy
Probably not. I switched last May when I got my flat screen HDTV and DirecTV wouldn't cut this 10-year customer any break on a HD DVR etc.

I think the service and equipment are fairly comparable.

When the new Tivo HD DirecTV comes out later this year, I'm going to take a hard look at moving back (unless it means missing the Tour).

GuyGadois
03-08-2010, 12:08 PM
This is not confirmed by DirecTV but it looks like Versus is back? The problem is you have to pay for the higher sports tier?

http://www.examiner.com/x-21030-Chicago-MMA-Examiner~y2010m3d5-Versus-back-on-DirecTV

Guy

Satellite
03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Anyone have a computer link to Paris/Nice, I don't have my DVR yet and I am missing the day time airing. My TV is linked to internet so I just need link.

Satellite

Satellite
03-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Comcast users, I just picked up my first DVR. Comcast doesn't give you any information with the equipment. Does anyone know if I can record two or more programs with the DVR if they air at the same time?

Thanks,

Satelllite

cmg
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
a link to paris-nice. try http://www.steephill.tv/paris-nice/

Satellite
03-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Comcast users, I just picked up my first DVR. Comcast doesn't give you any information with the equipment. Does anyone know if I can record two or more programs with the DVR if they air at the same time?

Thanks,

Satelllite

Yep recording two channels works like a charm. Thanks for the link CMG.

Bud_E
03-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Good news (http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/03/news/versus-returns-to-directtv_108103) for Directv subscribers !

Versus returns to DirectTV
by VeloNews.com

* March 15, 2010
* Comments

DirectTV and Comcast have reached an agreement to return the Versus network to the DirectTV lineup on Monday. The agreement was announced in a joint press release, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

DirectTV customers who were receiving Versus at the end of August 2009 will start getting it again.

“We are pleased that both sides were able to work out a satisfactory deal to bring this programming back to our customers,” said Derek Chang, executive vice president, Content Strategy and Development at DirectTV.

“We’re excited that we were able to come to a fair agreement that puts VERSUS back in millions of homes with DIRECTV in time for our busy spring programming schedule,” said Jamie Davis, president of VERSUS. “We look forward to super-serving these fans with NHL regular-season and playoff coverage, our first live UFC event and much more.”

Read more: http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/03/news/versus-returns-to-directtv_108103#ixzz0iHYxWRcL