PDA

View Full Version : RITCHEY WCS OS Road Stem for $50 at Colorado Cyclist....

scottfa
03-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Sure seems like a good deal. I wonder why it is $30 less than anywhere else. Also, How does it compare to the FSA 0S 115 or the new Thomson X2? I will use it on a CDA with the FSA Wing Pro aluminum bar.
Thanks!

Keith A
03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
They are most likely clearing out their old stock. Ritchey is now putting the WCS stripes on their WCS line. The stems at CC, don't have the new graphics and I assume are on their way out...certainly a good deal. I noticed they don't show the non-OS version.
http://www.ritcheylogic.com/images/stem_wcs_os.jpg
http://www.coloradocyclist.com/images/products/full/ritlgwcs.jpg

FierteTi52
03-11-2005, 06:42 AM
This has has been the going price for a while. They also have the Ritchey OS bar on sale for $39.95. I called to check availibity. The salesman told me they are no longer going to handle ritchey products and they had plenty in stock. $90.00 for a Ritchey OS bar and stem is a great deal.
Jeff

jwb96
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
They are most likely clearing out their old stock. Ritchey is now putting the WCS stripes on their WCS line. The stems at CC, don't have the new graphics and I assume are on their way out...certainly a good deal. I noticed they don't show the non-OS version.

I ordered this past weekend and it arrived today. Surprise: it's the newer version with the rainbow graphics. Don't know if it's a matter of the luck of the draw or not, but hey, why not give it a shot if you need one.

Xyzzy
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
I've ordered two sets of bars and stems and all had the colored stripes...

Keith A
03-12-2005, 11:44 AM
The salesman told me they are no longer going to handle ritchey products and they had plenty in stock.
That is interesting. It seems (to me) that Ritchey products are gaining some market share and consistently have good reviews. I wonder why one of the big mail-order catalogs would drop this line of products??? :confused:

Rich_W
03-12-2005, 11:51 AM
There are differences between the two versions... the older has a one-piece faceplate, and the newer (with the color bars) has the two-piece face plates, which is sligtly lighter.

IMHO, The new Ritchey stuff is just as good, if not better than any other stuff out there. As its gaining sponsorship of more and more pro teams over the past few years. And you simply can't beat the value.

For example, the new Carbon WCS post is absolutely georgeous.

I chose Ritchey cockpit parts for my new Scott CR1. Which happens to be the same stuff they spec on the complete bike, and the S-D team bikes.

saab2000
03-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Ritchey stuff seems to be hit-or-miss, at least in my experience.

I have had a couple of Ritchey-branded Nitto seat posts which were excellent. Also, I have had a couple of stems about which it was impossible to really complain. The stems in particular seem quite good, though the WCS do not seem to be available in a 14 and any other size seems like a waste of metal...... :D

But I have heard stories of other Ritchey componentry which has not been up to snuff - pedals and wheels as an example.

Additionally, I am not wild about their handlebar shapes.

The stems, though, seem excellent. When I post photos of my Merckx Majestic it will be with a Ritchey, at least for now. Right now it has a 13 and it might need a 14.

soulspinner
03-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I got an oversized bar and stem(wcs) from Colorado Cyclist and it was the new lighter stem with the stripes on it. Nice, and the 110 stem with bolts weighed 115 grams. This is considerably lighter than any of my other stems (Rithchey included).