PDA

View Full Version : why I won't be using vintagevelos

Todd Owen
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I recently ordered a woolistic jersey from the web site vintage velos. They accepted my order and even though I emailed them 4 times and called 4 times I have yet to recieve any jersey or correspondence. I asked them to let me know approx. shipping date no response. I asked if they could email me with any information. no response. I called 3 times to ask them to email any info no response. I guess I will be ordering my wool jerseys through someone else. just thought people should be aware of this experience.

I did get a email and the top dog was in China so they were shut down for a while. I am hoping to get my jersey this week and can once again show some love for the woolistic brand

Ozz
03-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Have they charged your credit card?

David Kirk
03-10-2005, 10:38 AM
I'd say communication is not all all thier stron point. I've had the same thing happen more than once. Does anyone know where one can get Woolistic stuff other than Vintage Velos?

Dave

Carlo
03-10-2005, 10:57 AM
I've purchased four woolistic jersey's from Vintage Velos and have never had the problem you are experiencing. As I recall the jersey's are shipped from California (perhaps by Jan Johnson, though I'm not certain). If you post the same query over on the Classic Rendezvouz list you'll probably get more information. Good luck resolving the problem. I don't think that you'll get 'taken', its more than likely that its a communiction lapse and nothing more serious.

Regards,

Carlo
New Orleans

Todd Owen
03-10-2005, 03:28 PM
I think I found part of the problem.. the owner was out of the country hoping to get jersey soon!

dirtdigger88
03-11-2005, 01:23 AM
I just got a jersey from them a few months ago- I emailed them once or twice during the process- I always got a quick reply

Jason

medici
03-11-2005, 02:11 AM
I've purchased four woolistic jersey's from Vintage Velos and have never had the problem you are experiencing. As I recall the jersey's are shipped from California (perhaps by Jan Johnson, though I'm not certain).
Regards,

Carlo
New Orleans

For what it's worth, I bought a couple of wool jerseys from her when they were just getting started. She's in Portola Valley, which is just up the road from me. It's frustrating to be ignored, but if it's any help, they're very nice people.

Pete

MartyE
03-11-2005, 08:34 AM
For what it's worth I do know that Jan and Peter Johnson do the
rounds at cycle shows, they might be at the Chicago show which
might explain the lack of response.
I've bought a few items from VV and always got excellent
service.

Marty

Kevan
03-11-2005, 09:01 AM
It's his 50th and I got him that Dark side of the Moon jersey.

I thought it :cool: .

Todd Owen
03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Got an email today and the jersey is hopefully on its way. I guess the dude was in China and now is back. In the era of excel sports, colorado cyclist, and UPS I have become impatient. However it has been cold in the mornings here in Denver and I was looking forward to the jersey sooner. I wil now wait for my jersey and if it arrives will probably order from vintage velos now that I know the circumstances thanks.... alex.

Ken Robb
03-11-2005, 03:43 PM
I've not bought anything from them but I have ridden and eaten with them. They are way faster than me at both activities and very nice folks. I'll bet you get your order soon.

Larry D
03-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I, too, must add my comments concerning their outstanding customer service. I was awaiting the Alfa Romeo trainer. When it became available, I ordered it via the website and then the next day, I decided to change the size I ordered, via email. I received a reply the same day acknowleding the size change.
The next day I realized I had made a mistake on the shipping zipcode. I once again email them the correction adn the package was recieved two days later at the corrected address.

This is whta I consider outstanding service and worth my repeat business.
:)

William
03-15-2005, 05:31 AM