PDA

View Full Version : Blue Moon at NAHBS

Ahneida Ride
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Looks like Blue Moon Brewski is a NAHBS Sponsor ..

I LOVE Blue Moon ... good stuff ...

I'll trade you some HB for a case of Blue ? how is that ???

Anyone from Blue Moon Listening ?????

I am really looking forward to NAHBS .... :banana:

Charles M
02-19-2010, 11:20 AM
This could be VERY bad for me...

ThasFACE
02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
This is so bad. Blue Moon is what I drink most often... and I'm bringing my drinking pants with me to nahbs.

Drunken bike purchases here we go.

tim11
02-19-2010, 11:59 AM
This has nothing to do with Blue Moon, but as a Richmond native I have to point out the awesome restaurant that's right up Broad Street from the convention center.

http://www.comfortrestaurant.com/

Simple Southern food made fancy. They have an amazing bourbon menu there, too.

pbjbike
02-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Really?? That's a very good trade--I'll bet your home brew is better than any Coors product. :beer:

legacysti888
02-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Blue Moon... Yum!

http://www.varsityhonolulu.com/beverages/index.html

steveo
02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Everyone beer drinker should watch this film, Beer Wars:
http://movieopinionist.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/beer-wars1.jpg

It'll give you a whole new view of the beer industry and will have you passing on anything Anheuser-Busch, Miller or Coors (which owns Blue Moon) next time you have a beer choice.

It's available on Watch Instantly for all you Netflix subscribers out there.

I think it's great that people are putting money into NAHBS, don't get my wrong, but I think it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, in this case.

Pete Serotta
02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
:beer: :beer:

QUOTE=Ahneida Ride]Looks like Blue Moon Brewski is a NAHBS Sponsor ..

I LOVE Blue Moon ... good stuff ...

I'll trade you some HB for a case of Blue ? how is that ???

Anyone from Blue Moon Listening ?????

I am really looking forward to NAHBS .... :banana:[/QUOTE]

Dekonick
02-19-2010, 02:06 PM
You should try the real thing then - Celis White. Celis is the brewery that made Hoegaarden (in Belgium), sold the Hoegaarden outfit in Belgium and started up in Texas. Great beers if you can find them. A personal favorite is Cellis Raspberry.

Yeah - I am not too fond of the big 3 brew giants (I should add Interbrew to the list, but they make Stella...)

WadePatton
02-19-2010, 05:35 PM
then _my_ beer will be safe from all yous guys. bm is a bit light and fluffy for my tastes. but hey-tha's why they make more than one brew.

maunahaole
02-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Damn you Simon, you are making me thirsty. I miss Magoo's though. The filth had a certain charm.

Charles M
02-19-2010, 09:51 PM
This is so bad. Blue Moon is what I drink most often... and I'm bringing my drinking pants with me to nahbs.

Drunken bike purchases here we go.

lmao,

That didnt occure to me till now...

NAHBS is the non-interbike but goes and pulls a Vegas!

rounder
02-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Just wondering,

Never been to NAHBS before. Assuming i come, are the patrons expected to partake/imbide of the offerings. That is important to me. Do not really want to travel the distance to Richmond if i am expected to buy/or otherwise be coerced into committing to buy a bike i do not need. On the other hand, if this is going to be a chance of a lifetime opportunity, to participate in the once of a lifetime opportunity to obtain a frame from a selected builder, then this the time to step up up and make my payment of the deposit and wait for the bike to be delivered.

Jeff N.
02-19-2010, 11:45 PM
You guys MUST check out www.tobp.com and check out some of the reviews. Some are hilarious, especially the one about Corona. Jeff N.

johnnymossville
02-20-2010, 12:50 AM
You guys MUST check out www.tobp.com and check out some of the reviews. Some are hilarious, especially the one about Corona. Jeff N.

have to agree on Corona. Ptui!

Louis
02-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Free Beer Courtesy Blue Moon Brewing Company.
Beer at NAHBS is on the Blue Moon Brewing Company this year. Every day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 3-5 p.m., join exhibitors and other attendees in the show hall for the Blue Moon Happy Hour, which will bring each day of the show to a glowing end. Don't be late, though, because supplies are limited!

I think we now know where folks will congregate before going out to dinner... :beer:

Louis
02-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Assuming i come, are the patrons expected to partake/imbide of the offerings. That is important to me. Do not really want to travel the distance to Richmond if i am expected to buy/or otherwise be coerced into committing to buy a bike i do not need.

This is amusing. I can just imagine Don Walker (in his kilt) locking the doors and not letting folks out until they've purchased at least one frame and a gruppo to match.

For the attendees it's first and foremost a social event. You go, hang out with like-minded folks (much like what we do here), and if you like, you can talk to great framebuilders, component manufacturers, accessory makers, etc etc in as great detail as you like. This stuff is their life and they are very proud of the frames they build and the products they sell, but they aren't going to put a gun to your head to force you to buy. You see something that interests you so you stop to chat. You're not interested, you keep walking. Beyond the products they offer, they are also human beings and you can get to know them as something other than simply bike-biz people.

Have fun.

Louis

gearguywb
02-20-2010, 05:54 AM
I intend to drink too much and buy a bike!!

SamIAm
02-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Just wondering,

Never been to NAHBS before. Assuming i come, are the patrons expected to partake/imbide of the offerings. That is important to me. Do not really want to travel the distance to Richmond if i am expected to buy/or otherwise be coerced into committing to buy a bike i do not need. On the other hand, if this is going to be a chance of a lifetime opportunity, to participate in the once of a lifetime opportunity to obtain a frame from a selected builder, then this the time to step up up and make my payment of the deposit and wait for the bike to be delivered.

Wow, it's not like that at all. You should definitely go, I went last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. Going back this year and bringing a group of friends with me.

Last year there was a show only special from DeSalvo for $800 frames. I bought 3 of them for myself and two buddies, but I don't believe there is anything like that this year.

I like to come away from this event with a very short list (1-2) builders that I would consider for my next frame purchase.

I also like to meet the fellow forumites face to face. Believe it or not, politics never comes up! :)

Ahneida Ride
02-20-2010, 08:27 AM
You are NOT expected to purchase anything .

It's an informative event for all. Builders get feedback.
Attendee's can scope out builders. Everybody wins. :beer:

Come and enjoy.

Ahneida Ride
02-20-2010, 08:31 AM
agree on Corona too !!!!!

steveo
02-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah - I am not too fond of the big 3 brew giants (I should add Interbrew to the list, but they make Stella...)
What's the relationship like with Anheuser-Busch and Interbrew? Did Interbrew purchase AB and retain AB's name?

AB still seems to exist, with names like Stella, Becks, Boddingtons, Kirin, Michelob, Rolling Rock, etc all owned by AB.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/BeerVerified.html

Dekonick
02-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Yup - they are one and the same now. Interbew is the big guy on the block.

metrotuned
02-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Yes, there is a rule. You must buy a frameset from a builder at NAHBS. Choose one, there are many to choose from. So choose two. It isn't once in a lifetime but once a year! Do it, do it now.

Besides, like Serotta Pete says:

Ben Serotta will be at NAHBS on Saturday February 27.