PDA

View Full Version : 59cm Raleigh Professional Frameset

SBash
02-16-2010, 01:52 PM
59CM RALEIGH PROFESSIONAL FRAMESET

2002/2003 Raleigh Professional in Very Good Condition. I have two of these and will let this one go...just have too many bikes. This is the same bike/model that was tested by Bob Roll and gave it a nearly perfect review. Many called this the Steal of the Decade for the price of nice steal frame. A Fantastic frameset for the money! Stiff, strong, Fast, comfy, and does everthing well. You won't be dissapointed...I have had bike frames that were $1000-$1500 that did not ride as good. If you want a great all-around road machine, you would be hard pressed to find anything better...Especially at this price.
NOTE: Has a couple scratches, some small paint chips, and some cable housing rub marks., but other than that, Will look great when built up!

SPECS & GEO'S:

FRAME: Raleigh Profesional
FRAME MATERIAL: Columbus multi-shaped Zona steel tubing
FORK: Columbus Link Carbon
HEADSET: 1 1/8" integrated Columbus cartridge
COLOR: Champagne/Black/Champagne
SIZE: 59cm
TOP TUBE: 58cm C-C
HEAD TUBE LENGTH: 200mm
STEER TUBE LENGTH: 285mm
SEAT ANGLE: 73
HEAD ANGLE: 73
SEATPOST SIZE: 27.2
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Braze-on

PRICE & SHIPPING: $350 plus shipping...For Highend framesets I usually ship USPS PARCEL POST with INSURANCE/SIGNATURE for $65 in USA 48...I am very professional on packing and use foam pipe tubing on all tubes, along with dropout supports, so will be packed like a mummy!

PAYPAL ACCEPTED: Add 3%

PM or EMAIL
Thanks, SB

brians647
02-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I am very professional on packing and use foam pipe tubing on all tubes, along with dropout supports, so will be packed like a mummy!

That's for darned sure!
Bought from him before, and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Top notch goods from a good guy.

dnades
02-17-2010, 09:20 AM
My ex brother in law has this frameset. A true triathlon junkie in his earlier days - he loves this frame. He rode on primarily trek carbon bikes but says he is faster and more comfortable on this frame than any other frame he has ridden in the past. The other frames would beat him up- with this one he rides longer, farther and he's not beaten up at the end. He got a screaming deal on his too and has had it for quite a few years and couldn't be happier.

SBash
02-17-2010, 04:11 PM
review from June '02 Bicycling mag:

Raleigh Professional
Raleigh restores luster to an old name.
By John Peters

Buy It If: You want a great all-around road machine.
Forget It If: You think steel is hopelessly old school

This renaissance machine recaptures the prestige and aura Raleigh had back in the day. I remember the first time I saw Andy Hampsten, who would become the only American to win the Giro d'Italia, racing atop his Raleigh road machine. Yep, back then the Raleigh heron on the head tube meant it was a serious machine. But somewhere along the way the heron's feathers faded until it was only a shadow of its predecessors. The Professional, one of three in the Heritage series, makes the Raleigh name mean something again.

My first ride on the Professional destroyed the fear that Raleigh might be trying to cash in on its heritage with just a graphics package. This is the real deal. State-of-the-art steel and Chorus 10-speed keep the retro theme while offering top-notch perfor-mance. Low spoke-count wheels and the 1.175-inch steerer keep it current, and you get often-forgotten touches like a pump peg, chain hanger, front derailleur hanger and reinforced bottle and seat collar braze-ons--the best of the past. And the price gives you the same warm, fuzzy feeling you get when the Starbucks barista slips you an extra shot of espresso and you walk out the door with more juice than you paid for.

7 Words About This Bike: Classic. Solid value. Refined. Sleeper. Campy. Fast.

Lifelover
02-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't know if there is any benefit to it but I love multi shaped tubes on steel bikes. I wish there were more common on the custom market.