PDA

View Full Version : Serotta forks

dekindy
02-15-2010, 07:28 AM
A bike review included a discussion of the CRT (carbon rooting technology) that Alpha Q uses on GS 10 forks to layer the carbon from the steerer tube into the blades for rigidity and sturdiness since a bonded joint is more prone to failure. Is this true?

That also got me to thinking that even though Serotta forks are some of the best made, I had never read any information about how they are constructed. I reviewed the website and could not find any details. Can anyone direct me to this information or is it proprietary?

Serotta_Carbon
02-15-2010, 03:18 PM
A bike review included a discussion of the CRT (carbon rooting technology) that Alpha Q uses on GS 10 forks to layer the carbon from the steerer tube into the blades for rigidity and sturdiness since a bonded joint is more prone to failure. Is this true?

That also got me to thinking that even though Serotta forks are some of the best made, I had never read any information about how they are constructed. I reviewed the website and could not find any details. Can anyone direct me to this information or is it proprietary?

Hello there,

Great question but the information is in fact considered proprietary.

The Serotta F3 & S-AL series forks are made with a similar construction method as the discontinued AQ products but there are a number of notable differences. Like the AQ forks, the Serotta forks steerer tube is co-molded into the crown and uses a significant amount of fiber to mate the steerer to the crown & fork body. The internal construction is similar and both are quite strong. We just don't use the "R" word to discuss it because that's their copyrighted trademark.

Thanks for your interest!

dekindy
02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks. I have an F-3 big boy strength fork and do not have any misgivings about it's sturdiness. After reading that article I realized that I had never seen any of the technical aspects of this wonderful product. Now I know why.