PDA

View Full Version : Campy FD ? paging Dave

sokyroadie
02-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Campy CT FD ok to use with non compact crank & non QS Ergo's? I think it will work but want to make sure B4 I swap them out. The CT is Carbon/black vs the silver std that I have now. I may be switching to compact cranks, but I know the std. FD will work.

Thanks,
Jeff

thwart
02-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Have had that setup (CT FD/compact crank/non-QS 10 spd ergos) on one of my bikes. Actually went back to the standard FD because of the need for frequent FD trimming. Yes, the standard FD worked a bit better than the CT one, even on a bike with a compact crank.

Not a fan of the CT series FD's... Campy didn't make 'em for very long either.

oldpotatoe
02-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Campy CT FD ok to use with non compact crank & non QS Ergo's? I think it will work but want to make sure B4 I swap them out. The CT is Carbon/black vs the silver std that I have now. I may be switching to compact cranks, but I know the std. FD will work.

Thanks,
Jeff

'QS' is mostly a sticker unless you use QS 2007/8 Centaur and below LH shifter.

The 'CT' der will work fine as well with other than the mentioned Campagnolo LH/front shifter.

Dave
02-15-2010, 08:39 AM
QS is nothing but a reduction in the dead travel from the left finger lever. QS is a feature on ALL Campy shifters, 2007 and newer. Older shifters can be converted to QS by changing the front rachet. It has no effect on what FD can be used.

I've never read very good reports on the CT specific FD (difficult to adjust by some reports), but also never tried one myself. It was only made from '06-'07. Since 2008, all Campy double FDs work with either compact or standard cranks.

Pete Serotta
02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Dave thanks for again sharing your knowledge and experiences with us.... I hope to repay you with a glass of red sometime,

PETE

sokyroadie
02-15-2010, 06:03 PM
For all the reply's, I may give it a shot.

Jeff