PDA

View Full Version : northwave shoe sizing aerator vs aerlite

timto
02-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Any northwave aerator users made the move to the newer aerlite? I've been running the older model aerators and love them - these models seemed to run small and a 44 sidi matched a 43 aerator. I've read some conflicting posts (yes on the interwebs - imagine!) about sizing. Someone noted a change in lasts and that the aerlites 44 = aerator 43.

Any with experience to share?

much appreciated.

Tim

Ken C
02-13-2010, 07:56 PM
I made the switch from the Aerators to the Airlite 3s and there is a slight difference, however it is not on length.

It is in the toe box. The shoes seem like they are the same width at the balls of the feet but the toe box of the Airlites is not a wide at the tip of the shoe. I have wide feet so I was worried about some information that I read that they were not as wide, but it is not where it makes a difference so the shoes feel very similar in fit to me. If your feet are very wide at the toes you may have to go up in size, hence what you read, but then they may be too long.

I love both shoes, but they made some nice improvements with the Airlites. The insole is better (although they also include a second set of the old model as well) and the tounge design is far better.

Ken

timto
02-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok i'll stick with the size 43 like the aerators then. This forum is fantastic!

dekindy
02-13-2010, 09:12 PM
I had the same experience as Ken C regarding tightness in the toe box and it was the same for every model except the Vertigo. I really liked the Northwave shoes style and the high marks for ventilation. However the LBS was going to have to order a half-size and I was not certain it would fit. I would have probably went back but I found Diadora's on closeout at my favorite LBS and am glad that I did because they have been great. I believe the Vertigo had not been changed to the new, narrower fit. However it was not as sharp looking and I preferred a buckle. The Vertigo's got very high marks for ventilation and were much cheaper and it was tempting because it fit well. Glad I kept looking and found the Diadora's.