PDA

View Full Version : Mike Barry's shop closed?

torquer
02-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I was going to recommend Mike Barry's shop in Toronto in another thread about restorations, and was poking about the interweb looking for contact information, when I came across the following in Michael (the son, and Team Sky pro) Barry's wikipedia entry:
"His father, Michael (Mike) Barry Sr., was a racer himself in England in the 1950s, who until 2006 ran a specialty bike store and manufactured a line of hand-made bicycle frames under his own Mariposa[1] brand."
So is the shop done, or just Mike Senior's association?
Too bad either way, since he came highly recommended for restorations, and quoted an attractive price when I enquired.

rnhood
02-12-2010, 04:23 PM
I believe the shop is done, as Mike Sr. wanted to finally retire and go riding, while Mike Jr apparently is not interested in carrying the business and Mariposa name forward.

Ahneida Ride
02-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I believe the shop is done, as Mike Sr. wanted to finally retire and go riding, while Mike Jr apparently is not interested in carrying the business and Mariposa name forward.

I believe this is true.

dancinkozmo
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
...its true.
noah rosen (velo colour) is painting frames out of the former bicycle specialties shop space....top notch work he does.