PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Mr. Tom Kellogg

William
02-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Happy B-day to the man who creates those beautiful Spectrum rides. Get out of the Barn for a while today and enjoy a ride. :beer:

William

Ray
02-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Happy B-day to the man who creates those beautiful Spectrum rides. Get out of the Barn for a while today and enjoy a ride. :beer:

William
The barn's getting another foot or more of snow today. We're a bit south and in the bulls eye of this one and we're supposed to get 18-24, after 20+ just a few days ago.

Happy Birthday to Tom anyway - just don't expect much outdoor cycling in the Lehigh Valley for a few days!

-Ray

William
02-10-2010, 04:40 AM
The barn's getting another foot or more of snow today. We're a bit south and in the bulls eye of this one and we're supposed to get 18-24, after 20+ just a few days ago.

Happy Birthday to Tom anyway - just don't expect much outdoor cycling in the Lehigh Valley for a few days!

-Ray

He's at least has to have some rollers packed away some where in the Barn. Open the doors, crank the music, and spin away!!! Maybe not. ;)

William

mcteague
02-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Hopefully Tom is feeling better. This from his website:

SPECTRUM NEWS12/20/09 - Refinishing and repair delays due to Tom's "condition."

On Monday, Dec. 14th at about 10:00 PM, Tom was struck with a kidney stone in his right ureter. After a four hour visit to the ER to insure that the pain was not caused by his appendix, a few very helpful drug injections and a CT scan, he was released into his Urologist's care. He was admitted into the hospital on the 15th for an operation on the 16th. At about 4:30 PM on the 16th, his Urologist installed a stent and used a lazier to break apart a 6mm stone which was stuck in the pelvis of his right kidney. Tom made it home by 8:00 PM, just in time for the Grand Finale of "So You Think You Can Dance." At that point, Tom thought he was in the clear. It was not that simple though. The Surgeon could not basket all the pieces of the stone while he was in there. So now, over a week into the "condition-from-hell," Tom has gotten no work done in the paint booth and little work done outside the paint booth. Tom continues to drink like a fish and pee like a race horse in an effort to get things flushed out. Each stone that comes out gives him hope for a pain free holiday, but no relief yet. If you are in one of our Qs, please be patient. When the spasms start, Tom simply can not function at all. It is almost impossible to talk, let alone do something physical. We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and notes during this time.

Tim

RABikes2
02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Happy birthday Tom!

Hope you are feeling better!

Best wishes,

Ritaann

David Kirk
02-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Have a good day Tom,

Dave

Pete Serotta
02-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Hope you have a wonderful snowy day!!! Can not believe you are getting older...... :D

Enjoy the day!

See you in Richmond. PETE

dave thompson
02-10-2010, 10:23 AM
To a terrific guy who builds some bikes!

zap
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Happy Birthday Tom.

1happygirl
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Happy Birthday!

c-record
02-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Have a good one Tom.

I'll have to order a bike before you decide to hang it up!

Blue Jays
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
That frameset-buildin', paintgun-wieldin', and barbecue-cookin' cat is probably daydreaming about Spring Training Camp 2010 for when it will be warm.

AndrewS
02-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I love my Tom Kellogg geometry'd Merlin! Happy Birthday Tom!

And thanks for having such a thoughtful and informative website!

djg
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Happy birthday Tom!

Hope you are feeling better!

Best wishes,

Ritaann

That's what she said . . .

and +1

shiftyfixedgear
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I had a stone that was a lot smaller than Tom's and the pain was incredible. Just unbelievable. Thank G-d for Dilaudid ! Hooray for synthetic Morphine !

6mm is not a kidney stone, it is a BOULDER. Double Ouch.

My nurse told me that she has had three kids and two kidney stones. According to her, the stones were much worse.

Hope you feel better soon TK.

znfdl
02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Happy B'day TK:

When I talked to him, I discussed the method in which I passed my kidney stones about 10 years ago.

After a 6 pack of excellent beligium ale, the stone passed. I swear that alchohol makes you relax so you can pass the darn things.

Smiley
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Happy Birthday Tom

Tom Byrnes
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Tom,

Happy Birthday. I hope you are enjoying your special day.

Tom

Ahneida Ride
02-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Happy Birthday Tom.

Double that !!!! :beer: