PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ride

MerckxMad
02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
So, bigman convinces me that despite temps in the 20's and a steady wind at @15 mph, it's a good idea to ride down to the beach since we dodged the snow storm bullet. After a few miles on rooted and rutted MUP, we turned onto hellish, traffic-choked road on our way to a second MUP that runs to Jones Beach on the south shore of Long Island. When we hit the second MUP, the sun was out in full force and the breeze was at our backs. Life was good. We stopped and grabbed a few pics on the Great South Bay of bigman's Ram and my Kogswell. Then, we turned north and headed home...into a nasty head wind. Coffee and chocolate cake at my house afterwards. Total trip: about 2.5 hours; 35 miles.

dogdriver
02-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I admire your spirit. My wimpy self did 1.5 hours on the Pugsley, on snow, no wind, 25', 8.6mph average. Passed some folks walking dogs, though...

rdparadise
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I did a little XC around my neighborhood yesterday with my big dog in tow. He pulled, I pulled, you get the idea.

Today, all I did was once around the neighborhood with the dog. Not a bad weekend all in all.

Good for you for getting out. I've been out in the low 30's with some good wind, haven't braved 20's yet though.

Take care, nice bike.

Bob