PDA

View Full Version : Your Ride Reports!

Dr. Doofus
03-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Tues -- 5X5 min intervals on the trainer...hail and wind outside
Wed -- 2.5 hours steady after school
Thurs -- 5X5 min intervals, sort of getting used to the new/old bike
Friday -- 1 hr easy
Sat -- stupid stupid race...the little guys drilled it on the climb to try and shake the big guys, the big guys drilled it on the windy, rolling back side of the course, your doofus just tried to wake up long-dormant handling skills
Sun -- 4 hours steady

70 today, 48 and raining tomorrow...oh spring....

jerk
03-07-2005, 03:09 PM
freaking stupid unintentional hammerfest yesterday....got really lost...headed to far north had to be back home by 12:00...didn't make it. averaged way too fast for this early in the season.....today the jerk and a pal did a nice recovery ride where the big chainring was never ever used....a steady 16mph...legs needed it after sunday's fuuuckfest.
jerk

dirtdigger88
03-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Mon- NADA

Tue- 1.25 on rollers 40 minutes tempo

Wed- 1 hour on rollers zone 1 and 2

Thurs- 1.25 on rollers 40 minutes tempo

Fri- NADA

Sat- hoped to get out on the road- but had the little one- so 1.5 on the rollers 40 min. tempo

Sun- 3 hours semi hard with a group of pals

that was the best that I could do with the time I had to do it in. . .

Jason

davids
03-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Tuesday - 30 minutes of torture on the trainer before work. :crap:
Thursday - 30 minutes of torture on the trainer before work. :crap: :crap:
Saturday - I become a slave to the Girl Scouts of America. Two hours "supervising" a cookie sale inside a Beacon Hill bank. The girls learn how to approach strangers on the street to make sales... Then I join my wife (the regional 'cookie chair') to move scores of cases, sorted by troop, from the back of a church into assorted minivans and station wagons, to move the cases from the cars into a friend's parlor, to move some of the cases (now sorted by girl) back into the same cars, to move my daughter's cookies into our dining room, to sort the boxes by customer... In the midst of all this, I have to turn down a spur-of-the-moment ride with my best riding buddy. :crap: :crap: :crap:
Sunday - Supposedly there's a storm coming, rain and snow and wind. So, being prudent, I submit to 75 minutes of torture on the trainer. Hey, where did this beautiful weather come from? :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

Jack Brunk
03-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Mon- off

Tue- 90 miin trainer endurance with 4x5min steady state intervals. Rainy day

Wed- 90 min trainer climbing repeats and endurance. Both days Rainy day.

Thu- 25 miles of pure recovery. 1hour 17min

Fri- off

Sat- Double century in Death Valley, Ca 203 miles 10,000 ft of climbing with a ride time 12:15. Head winds were strong in the 15-25 mph range. Miles of fields with every color of wildflower you could find. Overall a good first DC.

Sun- one hour recovery ride

Jack

Bruce K
03-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Sat. - 1hour on trainer - mixed ride
Sun. - 1 hour on trainer - big gear intervals (I guess to simulate hill repeats)
Tonight - 1 hour recovery on trainer

The rest of the week lousy weather again. It IS New England and it IS March. <sigh>

BK

dirtdigger88
03-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Thu- 25 miles of pure recovery. 1hour 17min

Jack

Jack- is a 25 mile ride at near 20mph average really a recovery ride for you?

jason

Ozz
03-07-2005, 04:59 PM
37 miles, moderately hilly ride yesterday....leg strength is gone from zero riding over winter....passed within 20 feet of bald eagle sitting in tree (Log Boom Park for your locals)....got annoyed at wheel sucking chick who would not say "hi", pull thru, or even acknowledge it was a beautiful day.

spinning class today....new "healthy" gal showed up....spaghetti strap top showed too much ( ;) ) when she was bent over bars....luckily she was in back so I could concentrate on workout....legs toast.

Jack Brunk
03-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Dirt,

Easy course and fast friends make for a fun ride.

Jack

dirtdigger88
03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
got it!

Jason

spiderman
03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
thurs: 15 on rollers watching the spring training opener
friday: i was tired
got a late start
and didn't feel like dressing for the outdoors :confused:
15 more on rollers and another spring training game
my wife actually came home at noon
saw me in the basement
and wondered if there was something wrong with me
..........that i wasn't outside
saturday: 30 plus sweet, slow outdoor miles around the lakes.
...with my wife and my next best friend...
sunday: 40 plus miles...the first 20 were with my wife
the last twenty, i got crazy with a tailwind,
feeling like a biking god
and spun out at 30 mph for 5 miles
25 mph average for 10 more
and coasted home the last 5
today it was 15 more roller miles at noon
i'll be working on the stitch and glue kayak tonight... :banana:

Too Tall
03-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Mon - Stretching
Tue - AM Ride to work small ring only.
PM. Lots of hills. nothing longer than a minute.
Wed - AM Ride to work, easy.
PM 2 hours : cadence drills 10X1 minute, 7x3 m VO2 max at slightly lower than normal cadence
Wed - Fixed Gear to work and back 68" gear.
Thurs - NADA or super easy
Fri - NADA
Sat - 3 hrs. Solo effort with a pal in tow. Riding much of the time at or a little above tempo. close to a 3000kj ride. 60 miles
Sun - 7+ hrs Windy hard day. Lots of climbing. incl 2 coffee stops :) TSS = 300+ est. or 3200kj range. YEAH a fricking' hard day!!!! 90+ miles

Jack D%%D, I so want to be you sometimes. The Calif. double is so fine. Lucky man.

csb
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
fri. nite i put the headlamp on and
circled the park _ cold,windy + lit-up.
my $5,000.00 lite (battery) died, so my
buds $12.00 specialized lite shined.

funny how there is no substitute for time spent in
the saddle.

sat. morning, after having re-installed the stem
TK spec'd, i felt like god on the bike*. sun sure
helped negate the low temps.

sun a.m. after having felt great sat. i thought i
could feel even greater on this day, but not.
arrived home with some kinda stomache virus, and
it aint even the tour yet.

*felt like god ? i was good to go, but of course was
not in a race. but toms stem geometry felt rite.

BumbleBeeDave
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
. . . the $%#& spin bike in a 65 minute class Saturday. Then dod abs and upper body weights Sunday. I’m taking the rest of this week off. I have been going to the gym at least 3-4 times per week for the past four months. It’s time to take a break and let everything heal. Playing it by ear on this coming Saturday’s spin class.

BBDave, aka “The Old Creaky One”

molly22
03-07-2005, 07:00 PM
it was a lovely day, way over the 53 degrees that was forecast. chanced upon a friend who was going to ride. we did and it was a wonderful reminder of how far we need to go to get back! Knowing it's going to snow tomorrow and the hills were hell, etc. etc. what fun!

shinomaster
03-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Rode 26 miles with Alembical yesterday in the beautiful Oregon sunshine. Then I rode 12 mile miles to a Performance bike shop to stock up on $21. Axial pro-Race tires....what a beautiful day! :banana:

cycleman_21
03-07-2005, 08:08 PM
16 sat,
36 sun.(windy,cold)
0 today
6:00am spin class tomm. (BE THERE :p)

RC

SManning
03-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Monday-I got to hang out with the meat heads at the YMCA and lifted weights.

Tuesday-Had a snow day so I primed and prepped the living room and then did my 1 hour spin workout, OLP and spins

Wednesday-Another snow day. Painted the ceilings and did a 1 hr. 50 min. tempo ride

Thursday-Another day at the YMCA hanging out with the meat heads.

Friday-off

Saturday-Headed to Kensington/Island Lake with my Ann Arbor buddies. We had a wonderful 2 hour ride, tempo again.

Sunday-Primed the library, did a 2 hour tempo ride at Kensington and then came home and painted the library an artichoke green. What a busy day!

Elefantino
03-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Not many miles, but good rides.

Saturday: Regional Spelling Bee Judging Day. Had to ride from the office (where the kids from 15 counties come for the shot at Washington D.C.) because it started at 10. Cold, clear, but no tights. He-man. Rode south, picked up the bike club ride and rode back with them. 30 miles.

Sunday: Gorgeous day in Northeast Florida, the kind that makes people want to move here. Thirty-four miles with two friends. Pulled all 34. Just sort of happened that way. Felt relaxed, 19-21 average. Arm warmers pulled down for last 10 miles.

Beautiful. :banana:

cs124
03-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Mon - Commute to work. 17km of small ring spinning. Detour on the way home to include some short, steep hills. 35km at moderate to high intensity.

Tues to Turs - Nothing.

Fri - The day was cut short due to Murphy and his clan. A crashed minivan, some near death patients and staff problems meant that our little group (which ended up being only me and one buddy) didn't get away until late afternoon. 52km out and back ride from Bright to Harrietville and back. 200m elevation gain, 29 km/h av speed, 144bpm av HR.

Sat - Bright to Mt Hotham and 3 extra riders show up this morning. The first 26km were the same as Friday's ride to Harrietville, then Mt Hotham climbs from 510m to 1870m in just over 30km. After bragging to Climb01742 about how nice the weather forecast was looking...well...guess what... It started off cold, got wet and miserable and deteriorated from there. Zero deg C, an inch of snow and 60 km/h winds is probably pretty mild for some of you northerners, but it was a big shock for someone who has just come out of a southern hemisphere summer. There's a section near the end of this climb that is at 9.8%. I just had to laugh when I got out of the saddle in the 39x25, my rear tyre was slipping with each pedal stroke, there were sheets of water running down the surface of the road and sleet was splattering against my helmet. 2 of the guys turned around early when the weather started to get nasty. The three of us who made it to the summit wimped out and called them to bring the truck up and collect us!

Sun - Rain has stopped but it is still only 3 degrees C. 4 of us set off from Bright to Mt Buffalo, a 20.9 km climb that starts at an elevation of 310m and tops out at 1318m. One of the guys set a stupid hard pace for the first couple of kays and then blew up and turned around, leaving me and the the two other snowmen from yesterday to complete the ascent. Had a blast coming back down and saw an Alpine Dingo (native wild dog) watching the "crazy humans" from the side of the road. 71km total for the morning.

spiderman
03-08-2005, 04:19 PM
so,
what was the cost of the rescue...??

alembical
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Monday: Gym and weights
Tuesday: 30 min easy pace on the rollers
Wednesday: gym and 30 min. trainer
Thursday: 60 min spin class, then run
Friday: rest
Saturday: 77 miles group ride. Moderate pace, rolling hills, nothing steep or long.
Sunday: ~20 miles with Shinomaster, easy flat recovery ride
Monday: gym
Tuesday: still undecided

Skrawny
03-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Great weather here in San Francisco.

Sat: "Paradise Loop" around Tiburon then added on a city loop for about 60 mi. Saw a dear giving birth on the back side of Paradise (didn't look comfortable, thank goodness we're not born with hooves)

Sun: recovery ride to Mill Valley (25mi) but got carried away and ended up chasing this other little guy up Camino Alto (a street which earns its name).

Mon: work

Today: Beautiful ride to Stinson Beach and back (50mi). Faint tendrils of fog on the Golden Gate and wind that blew me around a bit, but at least the tourists all behaved themselves and none leaped in front of me. Otherwise the rest of the ride was peaceful, car-free and 70 degrees.
-s

ericmurphy
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Saturday: 85 miles at 16.1 MPH with about 3,000 feet of elevation grade including four miles at about 8-9%. I did this same ride last Saturday at 16.3 MPH with a couple of hammerheads. The 'heads weren't there this weekend, but all it meant was I went at about the same speed but actually managed to keep up.

Sunday: 48 easy miles at barely 14 MPH. I ran into a hot young medical student who'd only ridden once in the past six months—30 miles the day before. She set a pretty decent pace for someone recovering from a ski-fractured tibia.

Both days were totally gorgeous, sunny in the 70s. Sunday was actually nicer, but I didn't have the legs for another 80 miles.

Skrawny
03-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Now I have you pegged! Not many others out there with Harlequin Legends.
I ran across you guys at the North end of the Marin multiuse trail. You're right, she was cute.
-s

cs124
03-08-2005, 08:11 PM
so,
what was the cost of the rescue...??

Well...the rescuers were our buddies who turned around early so the cost was putting up with their trash talk and buying their beers that night.

spiderman
03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
for you...
...since they turned back early!

cs124
03-09-2005, 05:03 AM
i thought maybe they would have to buy for you...
...since they turned back early!

Well...truth be known... by the end of the night I'd lost track of who was buying and the trash talk was going both ways!

BTW, this alpine weekend is a yearly trip for our little group but after this episode we're thinking of going somewhere else next time. Maybe Coffs Harbour or Noosa. Both georgeous places, well worth checking out if you're down this way.