PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Ouzo Pro?

Tmogul
03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here would know which ouzo pro fork was the strongest/stiffest. The website says its the criterium (which isn't found in their 2005 brochure.....do they still make it?) but was also wondering about the pro peleton. I'm thinking that aero forks are usually less stiff but the website claims otherwise. Also is there a difference in steerer tube thickness on these models? I've written reynolds several times but no response in three weeks. Thanks for any info.

Keith A
03-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Are you looking for a 1" or a 1.125" steerer tube? I would speculate that the Ouzo Pro with a steel steerer would be the strongest one that Reynolds has made (although maybe not the stiffest). However, there aren't many of these around and they were only available in 1".

Based on the Reynolds' website, I would say that the Criterium is what you are after. However, it does appear that this may not be still in production as it isn't readily available. It wasn't too hard to find a website that listed this product (check out SpeedGoat (http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=101791&cat=160&brand=203)), but I wonder if they actually have it in stock.

Best of luck in your search.

Tmogul
03-07-2005, 04:03 PM
I wanted to stick with full carbon. I assume there are some still being sold but wasn't sure how they acheived the stiffer rating (criteriums). Some forks seem to be flexy at the steerer tube. Thanks for your reply.