PDA

View Full Version : Serotta 1" carbon forks

fatboyinva
02-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I didn't see any specifics on the forks web page but wanted to inquire if either of the Serotta F and/or S series carbon forks in the 1" diameter are available in a 40mm rake? (assuming the 1" diameters are still being offered).

thanks

Ahneida Ride
02-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I am 98% certain that Serotta make a 1 inch steerer for their forks. ;)

Just ask your LBS.

Serotta_Carbon
02-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I didn't see any specifics on the forks web page but wanted to inquire if either of the Serotta F and/or S series carbon forks in the 1" diameter are available in a 40mm rake? (assuming the 1" diameters are still being offered).

thanks

Yes. We can build that for you.

It would be a special order in that rake so it may be best to call the factory in Saratoga to order.

Thanks for your interest!

Pete Serotta
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Talk to Lindsey on ext 104 for the special order. I have a one inche F3 on my old ti

SoCalSteve
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Talk to Lindsey on ext 104 for the special order. I have a one inche F3 on my old ti

And I have a 1" F3 on my Hors Cat, great fork!

Oh yeah, I have one on my Ottrott as well (1 1/8" though).

Good luck!

Steve

Brian Smith
02-07-2010, 08:46 PM
43mm is the offset of the forks that have so far been ordered and completed, and might afford the quickest order completion.
I'm glad "Serotta carbon" chimed in to announce that 40mm is possible.
If the fork is for new frame construction, then never mind my inquiry, but if it's to replace a fork on an existing bike, I'd guess without seeing it that the 43mm would more closely maintain the bike's handling characteristics than the 40mm anyway.

fatboyinva
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
All,

Why 40mm? Just a personal preference. The fork I'm looking to buy is for a early 2000 model C3. I currently have a reynolds ouzo pro with 40mm rake on a similiar C3 and just prefer the nimbleness of the rake.

thanks

Brian Smith
02-08-2010, 06:01 PM
All,

Why 40mm? Just a personal preference. The fork I'm looking to buy is for a early 2000 model C3. I currently have a reynolds ouzo pro with 40mm rake on a similiar C3 and just prefer the nimbleness of the rake.

thanks

That is why I asked. The ouzo pro is of a different length than the F3, and the 43mm offset F3 would likely more closely maintain the off-center feel of the 40mm ouzo pro and also would not require an unusual order.

Since either one is able to be ordered, you've got options, and aren't those nice things to have? You can design the bike yourself, or let Serotta pick one for you, but you can't get an ouzo pro length F3 with a 1" steerer in 40mm offset, unless Serotta redesigns the F3 to match the ouzo pro length.