PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cabin fever. Not just a bike forum phenomena

Kirk007
02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Interesting column from the San Francisco chronicle.

...Hell, what with the economy and job situation, the housing market and the overall feel and texture of the nation right now, it's no wonder Americans are, by and large, a goddamn miserable bunch. We don't like anything right now. No politician, no decision, no situation, no inhale, no exhale. We are sick to death of all of it, including ourselves... Not only are we disappointed, we need to express it. Vent it. Hiss it and spit it and hurl it like fistfuls of mental manure at the great wall of hey, screw you....

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/01/29/notes012910.DTL&feed=rss.mmorford#ixzz0eXIo7hqg

Ray
02-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Yup, that's us - I'd recognize us anywhere. :cool:

And I'll add to that list that the Meivici is too expensive, Rivendell is EVIL for trying to sell its bikes and stuff, and Ken Robb is too old. Or something. And just exactly HOW MANY angels can you get on the pin of a chain that has or has not stretched or worn and is there a direct causal relationship between that number and the national debt at 7:05 on any given day?

Dammit.

-Ray

dancinkozmo
02-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Interesting column from the San Francisco chronicle.

...Hell, what with the economy and job situation, the housing market and the overall feel and texture of the nation right now, it's no wonder Americans are, by and large, a goddamn miserable bunch. We don't like anything right now. No politician, no decision, no situation, no inhale, no exhale. We are sick to death of all of it, including ourselves... Not only are we disappointed, we need to express it. Vent it. Hiss it and spit it and hurl it like fistfuls of mental manure at the great wall of hey, screw you....

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/01/29/notes012910.DTL&feed=rss.mmorford#ixzz0eXIo7hqg

...he makes us sound just like the French.

CNY rider
02-04-2010, 05:49 AM

And I'll add to that list that the Meivici is too expensive, Rivendell is EVIL for trying to sell its bikes and stuff, and Ken Robb is too old. Or something. And just exactly HOW MANY angels can you get on the pin of a chain that has or has not stretched or worn and is there a direct causal relationship between that number and the national debt at 7:05 on any given day?

Dammit.

-Ray

Let's get to the heart of the matter, instead of pussy footing around:

Shimano sucks.

Isn't that what this is really all about??????????? :banana:

Mr. Squirrel
02-04-2010, 07:02 AM

Dammit.

-Ray

and this is why squirrels should be made moderators of the serotta forum. we'll keep it on-track.....nuts and wheels like always.

mr. squirrel

jlyon
02-04-2010, 08:07 AM

Dammit.

-Ray

But Ray that is a great rant.

csm
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Let's get to the heart of the matter, instead of pussy footing around:

Shimano sucks.

Isn't that what this is really all about??????????? :banana:

I concur!!!!! :beer: