PDA

View Full Version : aggressive fit...

Dave
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
If you think that Hincapie has an aggressive fit, check out Ballan's bike, sitting between the bikes for Evans and Hincapie.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/02/road/tech-gallery-bmc-training-camp_103650

Pete Serotta
02-02-2010, 04:26 PM
those are some flexible dudes..... :cool:

rockdude
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
How about Ryan Trebon's Cross bike. shouldn't a cyclocross bike fit more relaxed than a Road bike?

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gallery/article/pro-bike-ryan-trebons-kona-major-jake-custom-24341?img=1&pn=pro-bike-ryan-trebons-kona-major-jake-custom&mlc=news%2Farticle

torquer
02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Not sayin' you guys are wrong about "aggressive fit," but shouldn't we be looking at bikes with riders actually on board, instead of leaning against a wall?

palincss
02-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Not sayin' you guys are wrong about "aggressive fit," but shouldn't we be looking at bikes with riders actually on board, instead of leaning against a wall?

You bet. My friend Ken's Cervelo has about a foot and a half of seat post sticking up, and easily 10" of drop to the bar, but his riding position doesn't look "aggressive" at all. It's all in how he's built.

zott28
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm a BMC fan. If I bought I carbon bike it would be a BMC. Evans SLC01 is sweet, I'm not sure how much I like the mix match on the wheelset but I see how they were just matching the paint. And I normally think that overly patriotic themed stuff boarders on cheesy, but Hincapie's red white and blue with the stars is classy to me.

buck-50
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
ouch.

hookookadoo
02-03-2010, 09:02 PM
If you think that Hincapie has an aggressive fit, check out Ballan's bike, sitting between the bikes for Evans and Hincapie.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/02/road/tech-gallery-bmc-training-camp_103650

If your going to have that kind of setup why bother with handlebars when you could steer with the fork tubes since they are right there anyway? Guess you need something to hold your brakes. Fingers in the spokes would only work 10 times(ouch!)

djg
02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
You know, I look at a pic of Ballan on the bike and I don't see any yoga contortion -- obviously he's strong; maybe he's flexible too but it's hard not to notice that there's a whole lot of leg and arm on that guy. If the hands aren't in the pockets or reaching for they sky, they kinda have to go out or down or both.

oldguy00
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
The saddle height might not have been set yet.....I say that for two reasons:
1. Looks like it is barely in the bike.
2. No handlebar tape applied....so it looks like they are still finishing the build

dogdriver
02-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Maybe he has REALLY long arms...

KJMUNC
02-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Oh it's set alright....he's just a lanky, yet flexible dude.

hookookadoo
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Are you guys seeing what I am seeing? His hand engulfs the brifter. His finger tips can practically touch the drops. His leg below the knee is longer than the seat tube and almost as tall as the wheel if he were standing on the ground. His arm is longer than the top tube. I'm feeling really small right now.

ergott
02-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Are you guys seeing what I am seeing? His hand engulfs the brifter. His finger tips can practically touch the drops. His leg below the knee is longer than the seat tube and almost as tall as the wheel if he were standing on the ground. His arm is longer than the top tube. I'm feeling really small right now.

It looks like he's riding he's 12 year old son's bike.

keevon
02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Alessandro Marfan? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfan_syndrome)

KJMUNC
02-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Well he is 6'3 160lbs, so he's about as long/lean as they get. Hincapie is the same height and typically runs 15lbs heavier.

That frame comes in a pretty broad range but it doesn't look like he's on anything bigger than the 57cm, at best.