PDA

View Full Version : Paris-Nice Prologue . . . SPOILER!! . . .

BumbleBeeDave
03-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Jens Voight takes the Prologue. I watched him in the Tour videos last year pull the whole damn peloton up climb after climb, fall off to let Basso and others go--and then reappear at the front a couple of klicks later! He was amazing and I was surprised that Phil and Paul didn’t really say a lot about him in their commentary. I think JV is going to do great things this year if Riis will just cut him loose when Basso’s not around . . . fantastic rider . . .

BBDave

93legendti
03-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I think he's too big to do well in a 3 week tour with long climbs. The shorter stage races are perfect for him.

BumbleBeeDave
03-06-2005, 07:48 PM
. . . but that still leaves plenty of races--and individual stages in the grand tours--where he could kick some booty!

BBDave

93legendti
03-06-2005, 08:36 PM
. . . but that still leaves plenty of races--and individual stages in the grand tours--where he could kick some booty!

BBDave

For sure, he seems to have a huge engine and a great disposition. it was fun watching him on the stage to Villard De Lans last year. I did that climb in '98 and it hard.

BBB
03-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Voigt did an excellent job in pulling back Ullrich, which is no mean feat in itself, much less after being in an attack earlier in the stage. However, it was a pity that he copped it from the German fans the next day as he was only following team orders. If Riis wants to telegraph his capitulation to Armstrong and US Postal, then surely Voigt should not cop it for what was a management decision. Just my two cents worth.