PDA

View Full Version : I've been getting a lot of pressure to unveil the Rich_W™ Arionne Heat Gun Trick...

Rich_W
03-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Or perhaps you guys are the ones with the pressure... Also for those who feel that lovely long saddle feels like a 2x4 under your 'taint...

Anyway.. yes, I plan to unveil the patented Rich_W™ Aironne heat gun technique to all (done it twice now... so I'm an expert) in a special *how-to* photo-step-by-step-exposé, once I receive my incoming, ultra-trick, Lampre-Caffita, silver/black special edition team Arionne in the next couple of weeks.

So, please be patient... soon you too can have that long bananna you've always wanted! (toungue planted firmly in cheek)...

:banana:

pale scotsman
03-06-2005, 02:54 PM
So... are you offering a money back guarantee when I toast my seat? ;)

Rich_W
03-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Heck no bro... keep the seat out of the toaster... thats not part of the trick.

Seriously, the trick is to soften the plastic so it can stretch. If you start to watch the sucker melt... then all bets are off.

BumbleBeeDave
03-06-2005, 04:01 PM
. . . with putting this sucker in an oven?

Long, long ago I got some new Rocksports and wanted to waterproof them, I bought some stuff called “Sno-Seal” which directed me to apply the waxy, gooey stuff liberally and then apply mild heat so the stuff would liquify and be absorbed into the leather. So smart little ole’ me applied the stuff, then put the shoes in the oven and set the dial on 100 degrees--the absolute lowest setting . . .

The F*ckers shrank! The uppers shrank at least 3 sizes! A life lesson learned and $100 shot to HELL! . . .

So please tell me this has absolutely NOTHING to do with taking my brand new yellow&black Arione anywhere NEAR an oven! :no:

BBDave

William
03-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Heat guns & hair dryers....pick your weapon!

William ;)

cycleman_21
03-06-2005, 04:27 PM
. . . with putting this sucker in an oven?

So please tell me this has absolutely NOTHING to do with taking my brand new yellow&black Arione anywhere NEAR an oven! :no:

BBDave

Thats a riot,reminds me of the curving of the plastic hockey stick blades,lets just say I remember getting my _ss paddled with it while trying to run out the (smoking)door :butt:

RC

Bill Bove
03-06-2005, 05:34 PM
The number of dumbasses who come into the shop with melted shoes from putting them in the oven after riding in the rain is only bettered by the number who drive their bikes into the roof of their garages.

Dekonick
03-06-2005, 05:48 PM
At least the owners club covers driving your bike into the garage while still on your car rack...

I doubt the shoe's are uner an Oven warranty.

Rich_W
03-06-2005, 07:24 PM
jeebus... I was talking Arionnes, and heat guns... for god's sake, no oven involved.

But I do remember my buddy delivering this guy his long awaited CSi a couple of years back... another happy Serotta owner out the door... 30 minutes later, he's back with a detached head tube, part of a garage light fixture, and in need of 3 Advil.

bags27
03-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Yup, Tom Kellogg has a rant against roof racks, too:
http://www.spectrum-cycles.com/67.htm

Ya gonna show us how to bend the new carbon Arione, too?