PDA

View Full Version : Bag Balm article

fiamme red
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Never try putting it in your hair.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/31/AR2010013100964.html

For all its myriad uses, there's one place its makers say never to use it.

"Never put Bag Balm in your hair, because you will not get it out," said Wilkerson.

goonster
02-01-2010, 04:12 PM
There is hair where I put Bag Balm, and eventually it comes out

But what possible reason can there be for putting it on your head?

Anyway, Lantiseptic is much, much stickier than Bag Balm.

bironi
02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks. I enjoyed the read. I used it a number of years back for dried cracked hands and feet during winter. It works quite well. Nice to see something staying small, but successful.

palincss
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Because you can't get Wildroot Cream Oil any more?
:)

palincss
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
By the way, I love the stuff (Bag Balm, that is).

Ray
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
There is hair where I put Bag Balm, and eventually it comes out

Just watched "O Brother, Where Art Thou" again this weekend. It occurs to me that Bag Balm might be an adequate substitute for the Dapper Dan Pomade that George Clooney's character was so fond of. Not that I'd try it myself.

But yeah, it does wash out of that OTHER hair reasonably well, so it would probably come out eventually.

-Ray

davidlee
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Just watched "O Brother, Where Art Thou" again this weekend. It occurs to me that Bag Balm might be an adequate substitute for the Dapper Dan Pomade that George Clooney's character was so fond of. Not that I'd try it myself.

But yeah, it does wash out of that OTHER hair reasonably well, so it would probably come out eventually.

-Ray

I was thinking the exact same thing,,, I bet you can get a big pompadour with bag balm.. Probably doesn't look so good the next morning though. Next time I run out of Murrays I'll give Bag 'o a shot.
LOL
d

goonster
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
It occurs to me that Bag Balm might be an adequate substitute for the Dapper Dan Pomade
Just use FOP!

Ray
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Just use FOP!
Well, according to Everett, there was a real drop off in quality between Dapper Dan and FOP and if there are things I don't argue with George Cloony about, hair treatment is one OF em.

Great great great movie. I'm gonna have to read Homer again just to more fully appreciate it.

-Ray