PDA

View Full Version : iPhone forum browsing app that works with Serotta forums?

tys
01-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Has anybody found one?
There are several apps that claim to be able to read vbulletin forums in an iPhone-friendly format, but the free ones I've tried don't work here.
There are some paid apps that sound promising, but
I don't want to pay for apps that won't work, so I though I'd ask here.
Have any forum members found an app they like for browsing the Serotta forum?

Thanks
tys

sjbraun
01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
I read the forum without difficulty using the Safari browser on my ipod Touch.

jasond
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
I was also wondering this. I have taptalk but a forum moderator would need to install the server extension in order for it to work. So for now I just use Safari however I would really like an RSS feed or something.

Oh, I purchased a app that said it would work with any forum site but of course it did not work as described.

J

Ray
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
I read the forum without difficulty using the Safari browser on my ipod Touch.
I do too. And I occasionally post from it as well. Posting is a mild hassle just because the keyboard covers so much of the response window, but for relatively short responses, like this one, no problem at all. I suppose if there was a program designed to make it easier, I'd use it, but its not like its a problem as is.

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
. . . I could have access to the forum 24hours a day seven days a week?

All I can say to that is . . .

ACK!!

;) :rolleyes: :D

BBD

Ray
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
. . . I could have access to the forum 24hours a day seven days a week?

All I can say to that is . . .

ACK!!

;) :rolleyes: :D

BBD
It's like anything else Dave. Just cause you got a new hammer doesn't mean everything becomes a nail! I doubt I'm on the forum more with the iphone than I was before I had it. But I'm occasionally on from different places. I bought an old bike frame all from the beach last summer using a combination of the forum and email to work out the details. Without the iphone, I'd have missed out on it. Not that it would have been a tragedy to miss out on it, but I was really glad to catch it. Not much downside. Just like any cell-phone - you have to be the master of the device and not let the device be the master of you.

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
. . . I always take my cell on rides, but also always turn it off. It's maddening when I'm on a ride with others and they feel obligated not only to have the phone on, but to answer calls.

Also maddening is to be in a business of job situation with someone who has one of these GD things. You're right in the middle of a sentence, the iPhone beeps, and they MUST look at it INSTANTLY. Suddenly they are paying attention to whatever idiotic text they just got and it's like you've disappeared. I want to reach out and grab the phone and smash it against the wall and scream, "HEY! Remember ME?!?! I'm right here in front of you TALKING TO YOU, you rude A-hole!" :crap: :butt:

End of rant . . . :rolleyes:

Ray
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
I take my phone on rides too, but I only answer it if I know who its from and its someone I feel like I need to talk to. My wife and daughters each have their own ring tones and I almost always answer their calls because they rarely call when I'm riding and, if they do, I usually need to know what's up. I don't reach back and answer it while I'm riding, but I'll pull over as soon as its convenient.

When I was doing a lot of consulting, if I needed to take a call from a client, I'd assign that client a specific ring tone before I'd leave on a ride and answer those calls. Knowing I CAN get a couple of critical calls was often the difference between being able to ride and hanging out in the office waiting for the call. Riding and knowing I might have to take a break for a few minutes was always preferable. All other calls could wait until I got home or if I took an extended break on the ride, I might check messages to see if I'd missed anything urgent. I rarely did.

-Ray

Bruce K
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
But Dave, if you got an iPhone and a Power Tap you could purchase and subscribe to the Pedal Brain system.

It actually has a lot of cool features. I'm just not sure if I really want to mount my iPhone on my handlebars....

BK