PDA

View Full Version : 1st Serotta ride

cycleman_21
03-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Finally,after purchasing the Fierte in Dec.(with no intentions of buying a Serotta,cause I didn't think I could afford one and joined this forum after I bought it.Thats been fun too :beer: )God bless winter closeouts,and a good LBS for pointing it out to me,picked it up in the middle of our biggest snow storm in later Jan.,been staring at it in the basement for almost 6 weeks(sorry,yes I'm a fair weather rider,and proud of it :p)still too cold for me but,couldn't take it any more,rode it yesterday(Hit 40 deg. :cool:)
Wow,what a difference from my old bike (carb,alum frame,7 sp)like someone said,quantum leap,struggled the first couple miles with the new shifting,new pedal system(bebop)but the ride quality was unbeleiveable,this thing soaked up the road better than my mountain bike,and being a heavier guy right now,I was worried about extra feedback,didn't happen,well I'm back out there today no matter what the weather entails :).Time to get in shape again 1st century is coming up soon.And thanks for all the knowledge gained.

RC

Smiley
03-06-2005, 07:44 AM
congrats on the bike and discovering the magic of Titanium :banana: Why would anybody chose a different material is foreign to me but you see what I chose to ride and you know why .

93legendti
03-06-2005, 08:10 AM
It is good to know even the "entry level" Serottas ride great. Enjoy!

BumbleBeeDave
03-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Welcome to a better world! :) :) :)

But . . . I just GOTTA ask . . . What on EARTH is that you have for an avatar?

BBDave

cycleman_21
03-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Welcome to a better world! :) :) :)

But . . . I just GOTTA ask . . . What on EARTH is that you have for an avatar?

BBDave

an experiment gone bad and no time to fix it yet :crap:
it's an 80x80 of a waaaay larger pic :p :D ,will fix someday :help:
well it's riding time
RC

victoryfactory
03-06-2005, 09:59 AM
It's great when new-bike-inspiration overcomes the cold
Good luck
VF

Climb01742
03-06-2005, 10:15 AM
congrats on the bike and discovering the magic of Titanium :banana: Why would anybody chose a different material is foreign to me but you see what I chose to ride and you know why .

oh, smiley, you're being a trouble-maker...better be careful! :banana: :D ;) :p :beer:

cycle_man, as you grow more accustommed to the bike and it's capabilities, i think you'll enjoy it even more. and spring WILL come to new england...someday!! it was pretty nice today, too, hope you get out today!

FierteTi52
03-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I may have missed something in your original post, is your Fierte Ti or steel?
Enjoy your new ride.
Jeff

cycleman_21
03-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I may have missed something in your original post, is your Fierte Ti or steel?
Enjoy your new ride.
Jeff

Just got back,waaayyy colder and windier than I expected,
but it was a good and now I'm wasted(in a good way)

RC