PDA

View Full Version : Selle Italia NEW Turbomatic anyone?

quattro
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Selle Italia has a new Turbomatic gel flow Team Edition coming out, should be in stores by March I'm told. has anyone laid there hands on one? What did yo think? It's nice and wide, W153 x L275, something I look for in a saddle. It looks very nice, thoughts?

http://www.selleitalia.com/eng/index.html

Marcusaurelius
01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Turbo is my favourite saddle and the only saddle I've found that really works well for me. I have three of them but I always look on ebay for NOS.

I just wish sellia italia would offer the black leather model again. Of course would consider the team edition turbomatic when it comes out. I'm not a big fan of the cutout on the gel team edition, I prefer standard team edition.

After the carbon rails comment I am not so taken by the new turbo saddle.

93legendti
01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
The pre 2008 Flite Trans Am Gel Flow works perfectly for me-I even have a reserve of 7 saddles. So, I am always on the look out for a new saddle that might work the same when my stash runs out.

The Turbomatic Gel Flow looks similair to the FTAGF-I will be anxious to try it out. Thanks for the heads up.

derosa_guy
01-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Why, did they have to bring that saddle back with carbon rails? The turbomatic 4 was my favorite saddle ever. If this had Ti rails I'd buy one in a second.

Jeff N.
01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
I have about 10 road bikes in my stable and each wears a Selle Italia Turbomatic Saddle in one edition or another. Jeff N.

dancinkozmo
01-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Turbo is my favourite saddle and the only saddle I've found that really works well for me. I have three of them but I always look on ebay for NOS.

I just wish sellia italia would offer the black leather model again. Of course would consider the team edition turbomatic when it comes out. I'm not a big fan of the cutout on the gel team edition, I prefer standard team edition.

After the carbon rails comment I am not so taken by the new turbo saddle.

excel is selling a turbo re-issue for 50 bucks...

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Turbo+Saddle&vendorCode=SELLE&major=1&minor=18&siteComingFrom=emailspecial

Marcusaurelius
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
excel is selling a turbo re-issue for 50 bucks...

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Turbo+Saddle&vendorCode=SELLE&major=1&minor=18&siteComingFrom=emailspecial

Thanks, I just checked it out. The only difference is the older model used real leather and the new one uses synthetic leather. I don't know if I would notice the difference. I don't suppose you have tried one?

Blue Jays
01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
"...Why, did they have to bring that saddle back with carbon rails? The turbomatic 4 was my favorite saddle ever. If this had Ti rails I'd buy one in a second..."Agree 100%. That rail material is essential for use on titanium bikes!
Selle Italia needs more saddles (including the newer models) with titanium rails.

acorn_user
01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
You might also try the Charge Bucket saddle. They are quite cheap, and are available in lots of colours. Apparently, they use one of the original Turbo moulds.

dancinkozmo
01-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Thanks, I just checked it out. The only difference is the older model used real leather and the new one uses synthetic leather. I don't know if I would notice the difference. I don't suppose you have tried one?

...no sorry

SEABREEZE
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Had a turbo and sold it for serras performance rx

The LBS owrner took both my indy and legend for a ride, and commented you saddle is like sitting on a plush couch in th livingroom.

You might want to check it out. Real Comfy.