PDA

View Full Version : Is this yours, Doof?....

bulliedawg
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98084&item=7139691655&rd=1

Why are you selling it?

Dr. Doofus
03-04-2005, 03:37 PM
The guy the Doofus looks like who speaks in the first person says:

"I'm selling it because the position that it was designed around it stupid, and to move my saddle back 2 cm to where it is on my new ride would entail using a 100 stem and would make it handle like *sheeeyatsu*...its too long to corner well at race speeds, and I don't see the point in having a bike that puts me in a radically different position that the one I race and train in, nor do I see the point in having a bike that I wouldn't be willing to race on. If I kept it, it would be a very expensive rack on which to dry my cycling shorts.

As my colleague the Doofus so eloquently said, it would be a great bike for someone who is two or three inches taller, has long arms, and would ride it with a setback post and a 120 or 130 stem, *or* for someone who isn't concerned about how the bike feels while you're trying to chase down all the little farts that dropped you on a long climb with switchbacks, or how it feels diving into a corner at 28 in a crit. I am very sad to let it go, but I see no reason in keeping it and will be quite happy to get enough out of it to buy a Gunnar or Ionic or like frame. I have nothing but gratitude for the shop that gave me the job that let me buy the bike, but I didn't have the sense about bike design to know that signing off on a spec sheet that had me riding a 74 sta with a zero setback post and a 59TT wouldn't make for a good "go fast" bike. now I do. Leave, learn, turn, burn. now tell your friends to buy it now that I've penned *that* sterling endorsement."

Or, at least that is what he told your Doof.

bulliedawg
03-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Did the guy the Doofus looks like who speaks in the first person fall victim to a poor fit session? Or has the guy the Doofus looks like who speaks in the first person changed his cycling position?

It would suck if the guy the Doofus looks like who speaks in the first person dropped a tall stack of chips on a bike that didn't fit right...

Dr. Doofus
03-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Guy who looks like Doof: set me up 2cm behind the spindle on my long leg

Other guy: No. KOPS.

Guy who looks like Doof: but....

Other guy: KOPS

Doof trusts the guy, shuts up, gets 74 STA frame, QED.

spiderman
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
in first person...
...selling the white bear
in the red underdog suit??

nice touch!

jerk
03-04-2005, 05:40 PM
see the minions who listen to the jerk grow everyday. sorry doc.
jerk

Dr. Doofus
03-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Spidey -- that is Evil Snoopy, Dog of Darkness, cause of all misfortune within a 5000 mile radius, our marriage mascot. He doesn't leave the house.

Have they freaking fired Alfraud, I mean Alford, yet????