PDA

View Full Version : OT Good Karma

rwsaunders
01-25-2010, 01:25 AM
About three years ago, I found an IPod and a set of Bose noise canceling headphones in a Hertz rental. I returned the goods to the clerk at the counter who indicated that the owner would be overjoyed, as they were a 25 year anniversary gift from his wife. Good Karma will be coming my way, right?

Two weeks ago, I was on the road and traveled home from Fort Wayne in a rental car, through a snowstorm, getting back around 4:30 am. I cleaned out the rental and returned the car the next day.

Two days later, my wife asked if I was missing anything. A quick look at my wedding ring, and I said "no..why?". Apparently, I left my IPod in the rental car and the next renter called to say that he returned the device to Hertz. Good Karma came my way.

TMB
01-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh Lordie,

The wedding ring.

I was in a state of panic last summer when I realized one day that I didn't have mine on.

Checked the bedside table - nope.

Checked the bathroom counter and drawers - nope.

I was not a happy guy at this point as I figured I was going to have to own up and face questions about why it was off to begin with.

About a week or so after I first noticed it was gone, I was looking for coins for a parking meter ...... what do you think was in the coin drawer in the car??

No idea how it got there, don't remember taking it off, probably sitting in traffic on a hot day .......

I was not happy for those few days.

I didn't find any iPods though.