PDA

View Full Version : DT Swiss RRC1250 wheel set

SPOKE
01-24-2010, 03:21 PM
i'm thinking about buying a set of the DT Swiss RRC1250 wheels to go on the bike that Kelly Bedford is building for me. any of you out there got a pair, had a chance to ride them? Thoughts? how do they compare to what you've been riding?

mosca
01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I have them on my Kirk seen here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=68442) . So far I've got about 200 miles on the bike and need to post a full ride report soon, but, regarding the wheels:

They seem to be a very smooth-riding wheel, and the light weight is noticeable (mine weighed-in at an actual 1310g for the set). I briefly swapped a set of Shamal 2-way fits onto the bike for the sake of comparison, and the Shamals definitely "felt" stiffer, both laterally and vertically, as well as heavier. For the longer rides that I plan for this bike, I think the DTs are perfect.

I wanted a lower-profile carbon clincher, and also considered the Campy Hyperons, but I like the simple hub design and slightly taller rim profile of the DTs. The quality is great, and imho they are one of the best looking wheels out there. Tires mount easily, and the braking is very smooth and controllable. If you don't mind the price I say go for it.

SPOKE
01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
I have them on my Kirk seen here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=68442) . So far I've got about 200 miles on the bike and need to post a full ride report soon, but, regarding the wheels:

They seem to be a very smooth-riding wheel, and the light weight is noticeable (mine weighed-in at an actual 1310g for the set). I briefly swapped a set of Shamal 2-way fits onto the bike for the sake of comparison, and the Shamals definitely "felt" stiffer, both laterally and vertically, as well as heavier. For the longer rides that I plan for this bike, I think the DTs are perfect.

I wanted a lower-profile carbon clincher, and also considered the Campy Hyperons, but I like the simple hub design and slightly taller rim profile of the DTs. The quality is great, and imho they are one of the best looking wheels out there. Tires mount easily, and the braking is very smooth and controllable. If you don't mind the price I say go for it.

Thanks so much for the fedback!