PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Reviews??

Tmogul
03-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Hello,

I've been reading through the old discussions on the newer Shimano dura ace wheels (7800) and saw that several of you were riding them. I was hoping for any long term reviews on their durability and longevity especially for a heavier person (200lbs). For reference I ride Ksyriums currently. Thanks again for any info. :)

vaxn8r
03-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Very dependable. No truing in 3,500 miles. They feel fast despite not being an ultra-light wheel. Having said that, they weigh in within 7g of my Ksyrium SSC SL (Mavic does a little math fudging so take their claims with a grain of salt). Postive breaking feel.

I currently weigh (ugh) 190 so I doubt your weight will be an issue. I highly recommend them. There are a lot of good wheels out there but these may be my favorite for an all-around wheelset.

Tmogul
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
I was hoping they would be fine for heavier guys. There was that review in cyclingnews. I think they look nice with a bare ti frame. Am I correct in feeling that they ride more comfortable than ksyriums with out loss of performance?

vaxn8r
03-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Am I correct in feeling that they ride more comfortable than ksyriums with out loss of performance?
I think they are. I like them better all the way around than my Ksyria. Shimano nailed it with this wheelset.