PDA

View Full Version : OT: eBay Craziness (again)

Keith A
03-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Check out this eBay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5561537389&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)....and you thought the Serotta 20th anniversary edition was out of control. This one as 59 bids and the current price is $11,100.

BumbleBeeDave
03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
. . . you could strap it on and it would cushion you if you fall off your bike? Probably no more overpriced per ounce than the latest Giro helmet!

BBDave

dave thompson
03-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Great, I've always wanted a historical boob.

Ozz
03-04-2005, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=Keith A]...and you thought the Serotta 20th anniversary edition was
out of control....QUOTE]
and you are the high bidder....let me know when you decide to sell it (cheap). ;)

Keith A
03-04-2005, 10:50 AM
and you are the high bidder....let me know when you decide to sell it (cheap). ;)
Nah, I reserve my spending eccentricities for cycling and surfing gear.

Ozz
03-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Nah, I reserve my spending eccentricities for cycling and surfing gear.
oops...sorry, my bad....my note was directed at Dave T.

Must get fully caffeinated before typing messages..... :beer:

zap
03-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I have to ask. How did you run across this bid :rolleyes:

dave thompson
03-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Ozz: There's going to be serious dollars thrown at the auction just before it closes and I will probably have to sell most everything just to pay for the frame!

Keith A
03-04-2005, 11:05 AM
I have to ask. How did you run across this bid :rolleyes:
It was posted on a local surfing forum, but apparently this was reported on CNN.

dirtdigger88
03-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Keith- I figured you heard it on the MJ Morning Show out of Clearwater this morning- they posted a link to the ebay site on their webpage also

Jason

BumbleBeeDave
03-04-2005, 11:29 AM
. . . had the frame and it's owner on her show yesterday, with a crawl at the bottom of the screen with the URL!

BBDave

Ozz
03-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Ozz: There's going to be serious dollars thrown at the auction just before it closes and I will probably have to sell most everything just to pay for the frame!

Even your Ottrott?

Do you have a Legend?

still shopping....kicking myself over missing yours and dbrk's "liquidation sale" a couple months ago...

slowgoing
03-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't pay that for the real thing, let alone a fakie.

dave thompson
03-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Even your Ottrott?.......?

Do you have a Legend?......No, sold that long ago

still shopping....kicking myself over missing yours and dbrk's "liquidation sale" a couple months ago...He who hesitates is lost! And if you e-mail me, I'll make you a screaming deal on the DeRosa frameset!

William
03-04-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm not going anywhere near the Bobbit auction. :eek: :no:

William :D

Kevin
03-04-2005, 04:12 PM

Dave,

We should flip a coin to see who is going to get that frame before we both drive up the price. But that would probably be conspiracy or racketeering.

For my own sake, I hope that when we start bidding with real money, instead of me just figuring out e-bay, that you out-bid me so that we can all say that you were the crazy bidder. If I win the bidding I am going to be embarrased to tell anyone what I paid for the frame. Considering I already own an Ottrott, you would think that I would no longer be embarrased by bike prices.

In addition, if I win the bidding everyone on this forum will know that I am fool with my money; right now they just think that I am a fool.

Good luck, and I hope that you are the bigger fool.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
03-04-2005, 04:44 PM
. . . you two just make a deal to go in together, then trade "custody" on alternate weeks? ;)

BBDave