PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna be a DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad_mark
03-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Got the news last night :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

bostondrunk
03-04-2005, 09:09 AM

Congrats. No more bike equipment for you....;)

Bruce K
03-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Way to go mark. :banana: :banana: :banana:

At least we know you are using the proper saddle. :rolleyes:

BD - you beat me to it on the bike equipment.

BK

zap
03-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Congratulations to you both.

Will you need to clear out that bike room in the coming months!

:beer:

dave thompson
03-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Congrats!! Get ready for the quantum shift in your universe in about 9 months.

cdmc
03-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Congrats. You are about to embark on the most time consuming, rewarding experience of your life. I have one recommendation for you, its called a "Burley."

dirtdigger88
03-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Your life will never be the same but you will love every minute of it- well- not the 3am feedings- but we can talk later- congrats

Jason

BumbleBeeDave
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
I did not like the inconvenient aspects of it at the time, but now I wish so much I could go back and enjoy my daughter as a toddler just one more time. Take my advice and spend every POSSIBLE minute with your child--mine is 15 now and it does indeed seem like you blink twice and they're grown! . . .

Of course, if I still want to play with children, I can always just visit the Forum! :rolleyes:

BBDave

Kevan
03-04-2005, 10:01 AM
you can always help Sandy with his. :D

Best wishes to you and all I can otherwise say is.. enjoy the peace you have now and go out and see all the movies playing now!

Spinner
03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
In three to four years, you'll begin to expand your fleet of bicycles to include those for your child. This was as enjoyable for me as buying my own rides, maybe even more fun.

Cheers!

Ozz
03-04-2005, 10:42 AM

Terrific!! How far along are you?

Your life will never be the same...it will be better. :beer:

BTW - the "no more bike equipment" is bunk...it's more "no more time to ride". I find myself buying more stuff to stay in touch with the sport but having less time to ride.

cpg
03-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Hurray! Everyone should have one. All right, maybe not everyone but they sure are fun to make. You have my most sincere congratulations.

Curt

Dekonick
03-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Grats!

Keep her healthy! Make her eat folic acid!!!

djg
03-04-2005, 12:45 PM
That's fantastic news.

So, two words of evil consumer society advice: diaper genie.

Kirk Pacenti
03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Your gonna love it, the best thing we ever did!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

William
03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Congratulations!:banana: :banana:

William

jeffg
03-04-2005, 01:31 PM
we are expecting our second (here in Germany) any day now. That will make two sons under 2! Trust me, having a child is absolutely wonderful (I'll let you know what having two is like ;) )

BURCH
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Your gonna love it, the best thing we ever did!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

There is a handsome little guy.

cycleman_21
03-04-2005, 03:07 PM
congratulations, :banana:
best thing that ever happens to someone,
also, welcome to early(and I mean early)morning rides :D
best of luck to all of you

RC

IFRider
03-04-2005, 04:10 PM
and how wonderful no free time could be. 11 month old twins here and I am just getting to the point of have a momemnt to breath. Rollers and lights for riding after they sleep will be your friend. This is when you are not too exhausted to do it.

Congratulations Dad

Kevin
03-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the best club on earth.

Kevin

H.Frank Beshear
03-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Congratulations Mark. Enjoy Frank

dgauthier
03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
There is a handsome little guy.

He's a cute little lug, that's for sure!

Bahahahahaha!

dgauthier
03-04-2005, 05:15 PM
I did not like the inconvenient aspects of it at the time, but now I wish so much I could go back and enjoy my daughter as a toddler just one more time. Take my advice and spend every POSSIBLE minute with your child--mine is 15 now and it does indeed seem like you blink twice and they're grown! . . .

Excellent advice. I "just wasn't into" babies. Now, I wish I had been, because they grow up in a flash. Happily, I realized what I was missing, and I now treasure every moment with my 7 year old daughter, and have been for several years.

You sound like you're already jazzed about it Mark. Relish every wonderful nanosecond! Congratulations!

dirtdigger88
03-04-2005, 05:27 PM

Of course, if I still want to play with children, I can always just visit the Forum! :rolleyes:

BBDave

This very morning I got up at 6:00 to get on the rollers- I heard the little one was awake so I poked my head in to see- he sees me- I loose an hour on the rollers but I gain an hour on the floor with my son- I think that was more than a fair trade :)

jason

bags27
03-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Aside from the fact that you are being incredibly political incorrect (how do you know for sure that you're going to be a dad rather than a mom????), parenting is the greatest joy in the world (and occasionally the greatest heartbreak, but that comes with the territory and only makes the joys that much more wonderful). Best wishes for a wonderful, joyous, and loving life with your family.

DonH
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Congrats!! I became a father for the 1st time on 12/16/04.....Its been pretty good so far.....definitely a big change.....he is a beautiful baby who i love more than i could have imagined! the toughest thing i had to learn to do so far was really budget my time.

Tony Edwards
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Congrats! :beer: