PDA

View Full Version : They have GOT to be kidding ..........

TMB
01-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Sad thing is that people will fall for this .........

http://www.thevspot.ca/index.php

KJMUNC
01-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Same concept, new generation. all idiots.

Charles M
01-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Get on one...

The amount of fatigue those vibe platforms can kick out if used right is not BS...

I'm not saying it cant be over sold like anything else, but it's not voodoo and it's not the same as the jiggle belts.

I've seen people over use the platforms and fall flat on their face after dismounting... I personally lost a 20 dollar bet after using one and then not being able to performa couple of basic tasks.

Lifelover
01-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Yea, but I bet it's a great way to meet some lonely, high dollar, not too bright MILFs.

Reminds me of those vibration belts from the 60/70's

false_Aest
01-21-2010, 10:15 AM
$250 for 12 sessions?

Must be some sex toy.

rugbysecondrow
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM
$250 for 12 sessions?

Must be some sex toy.

I don't think you are supposed to sit on it.

zray67
01-21-2010, 04:33 PM
If I was in B.C. I would at least look into the process.

TBDSeattle
01-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Get on one...

The amount of fatigue those vibe platforms can kick out if used right is not BS...

I'm not saying it cant be over sold like anything else, but it's not voodoo and it's not the same as the jiggle belts.

I've seen people over use the platforms and fall flat on their face after dismounting... I personally lost a 20 dollar bet after using one and then not being able to performa couple of basic tasks.

Really? What kind of tasks did you try to do? Did you feel like you had a hard workout, that your body had released a bunch of toxins (like after a massage), or just shaken baby syndrome? I am actually curious!

TBD

Louis
01-21-2010, 05:00 PM
If we're hearing that those things really do help you loose weight somebody will have to explain how you either a) burn calories doing it or b) how it magically removes the fat from your body. As far as I know those are the only two ways to loose weight other than having your muscles waste away or amputating a limb.

TMB
01-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Funny thing is, or sad I guess, I was in a place here the other day - Sports Equipment store.

They had one of those machines in the store - with a $6500 price tag on it.

They wouldn't have brought it in if they didn't think someone was going to buy it.

William
01-21-2010, 05:12 PM
1.) Muscle Tonificatin
Muscle what?

2.) Inch loss
How?

3.) Drains the lymphatic system and increases circulation
By what process?

4.) Builds bone density
Possible.

5.) Pain Control
Ok, I know how this one works...I have used it on Beungood many times: If his elbow hurts...I roundkick him in the thigh. Elbow doesn't hurt as much after that. :D

6-A.) Relieves stress
Possible.

6-B.) ... and anti-aging
Huh?

7.) Arthritis and Rheumatism
What about them?

8.) Vibration training is great for people with:
Osteoporosis
Possible effect on building density....but should you be shaking around people with weak bones?

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
Why?

Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Why?

9.) Nearly 100% Muscle Recruitment
Hanging on for dear life? ;)

10.) Increased Blood Circulation
Possible.

11.) Faster Workout
How?

Just wonderin'

William

TMB
01-21-2010, 05:38 PM
1.) Muscle Tonificatin
Muscle what?

2.) Inch loss
How?

3.) Drains the lymphatic system and increases circulation
By what process?

4.) Builds bone density
Possible.

5.) Pain Control
Ok, I know how this one works...I have used it on Beungood many times: If his elbow hurts...I roundkick him in the thigh. Elbow doesn't hurt as much after that. :D

6-A.) Relieves stress
Possible.

6-B.) ... and anti-aging
Huh?

7.) Arthritis and Rheumatism
What about them?

8.) Vibration training is great for people with:
Osteoporosis
Possible effect on building density....but should you be shaking around people with weak bones?

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
Why?

Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Why?

9.) Nearly 100% Muscle Recruitment
Hanging on for dear life? ;)

10.) Increased Blood Circulation
Possible.

11.) Faster Workout
How?

Just wonderin'

William

What a cynic!! :D

jasond
01-21-2010, 06:06 PM
I was watching the science channel over the weekend and saw scientist had been studying mice and vibrating platforms. It's actually a few years old but here is a link to the NY Times with an article. NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/health/research/30bone.html)

J

hookookadoo
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Get on one...

Agree. Mother-in-law has one and is a believer. Was originally developed for Russian astronauts who would lose bone mass and muscle while in space. This machine was the solution. The science behind it is very valid. Doesn't make you an instant Rambo but supposed to noticeably improve your workout by working each muscle incrementally harder.

Think about doing a squat. Each individual muscle fiber within a specific muscle is largely moving in a one dimensional direction. Now think about that same muscle fiber counteracting not only your squat movement but a pretty powerful multi-directional vibrational force. Your muscle fibers are having to counteract multiple different forces simultaneously. Essentially cross training for individual muscle fibers.

PS - Your supposed to do exercises on the machine. Not all about just standing there.

Charles M
01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah people are prejudging this a bit and drawing bad (but not unreasonable) parralels to old BS tech...

Like everything else it can be oversold and misrepresented...

I didnt need to do much of anything. I stood on one leg bent slightly and just stayed put, loading that leg. and then I hopped no problem. That was off the platform.

Then I stood in the same fashion for the same amount of time on the other leg on the platform while vibing and got asked to hop half as far and couldn't.

I got a lot more fatigued than I thought I would.

This isn't some new superwork out (that's just my opinion and there are folks that think these are)... But it's not the complete bull***** some are implying.

I also like it because I won a bet with a guy from a company who made commonly considered not super smooth riding bikes that told me that vibrations dont effect fatigue much. I had him go to a place locally and try it out and he got an eye opener.

It's a nice way to fatigue yourself quicker and you can incorporate movements and positions that tax you quite a bit. It's got reasonable rehab cred and rehab applies to lots of different situations.

I've heard people equate em to working out on wobble boards and bosu balls. What ever the case, I got more drained standing on one than not standing on one and to enough of a degree that I cant call it voodoo...

TMB
01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah people are prejudging this a bit and drawing bad (but not unreasonable) parralels to old BS tech...

Like everything else it can be oversold and misrepresented...

I didnt need to do much of anything. I stood on one leg bent slightly and just stayed put, loading that leg. and then I hopped no problem. That was off the platform.

Then I stood in the same fashion for the same amount of time on the other leg on the platform while vibing and got asked to hop half as far and couldn't.

I got a lot more fatigued than I thought I would.

This isn't some new superwork out (that's just my opinion and there are folks that think these are)... But it's not the complete bull***** some are implying.

I also like it because I won a bet with a guy from a company who made commonly considered not super smooth riding bikes that told me that vibrations dont effect fatigue much. I had him go to a place locally and try it out and he got an eye opener.

It's a nice way to fatigue yourself quicker and you can incorporate movements and positions that tax you quite a bit. It's got reasonable rehab cred and rehab applies to lots of different situations.

I've heard people equate em to working out on wobble boards and bosu balls. What ever the case, I got more drained standing on one than not standing on one and to enough of a degree that I cant call it voodoo...

You guys take all the fun out of kicking something nice and hard .........

hookookadoo
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
You guys take all the fun out of kicking something nice and hard .........

Guilty as charged. Probably would have been a good 5 pages of sarcasm and hilarity that we just squashed. Lesson learned. If it is any consolation I was only trying to protect the innocent, helpless vibrator that could not defend itself. Lastly, I am willing to retract my statements if that will let the show go on but the damage is probably done.

William
01-21-2010, 08:09 PM
.... If it is any consolation I was only trying to protect the innocent, helpless vibrator that could not defend itself.

http://quackdoctor.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/the-rotarian-march-1914.jpg

William :rolleyes: :)

Louis
01-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Does it come with a protective case like this one....

Made by one of the contractors for the Manhattan Project. Even glows in the dark.

Charles M
01-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Wife has one. She glows too, but differently

indyrider
01-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Yea, but I bet it's a great way to meet some lonely, high dollar, not too bright MILFs.

AMEN brother :beer:

learlove
01-22-2010, 04:47 PM
what a crock of *****. it must be true, there is a sucker born every minute.

soulspinner
01-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Agree. Mother-in-law has one and is a believer. Was originally developed for Russian astronauts who would lose bone mass and muscle while in space. This machine was the solution. The science behind it is very valid. Doesn't make you an instant Rambo but supposed to noticeably improve your workout by working each muscle incrementally harder.

Think about doing a squat. Each individual muscle fiber within a specific muscle is largely moving in a one dimensional direction. Now think about that same muscle fiber counteracting not only your squat movement but a pretty powerful multi-directional vibrational force. Your muscle fibers are having to counteract multiple different forces simultaneously. Essentially cross training for individual muscle fibers.

PS - Your supposed to do exercises on the machine. Not all about just standing there.

Ding Ding- we have a winner :beer:

JeffS
01-22-2010, 05:54 PM
I want the 30 seconds back that you wasted.

Ti Designs
01-22-2010, 06:20 PM

I know of two Harvard labs doing studies on the effects of specific frequency vibrations on muscular systems. It only takes a couple of minutest to deprogram a monkey's motor control, and they have to relearn how to use their hand. Don't mistake a good workout for loss of motor control.

hookookadoo
01-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Ding Ding- we have a winner :beer:

Come on....they have sold more than one. The US Olympic Team bought a few and LeBron James even bought one. Add them to the winner's list.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/entertainment/usa-ski-snowboard-teams-use-wave-technology-bring-home-gold/

what a crock of *****. it must be true, there is a sucker born every minute.

Lastly, and I almost forgot, Lance supposedly has one. Sucker!!! :D

soulspinner
01-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Come on....they have sold more than one. The US Olympic Team bought a few and LeBron James even bought one. Add them to the winner's list.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/entertainment/usa-ski-snowboard-teams-use-wave-technology-bring-home-gold/

Lastly, and I almost forgot, Lance supposedly has one. Sucker!!! :D

Worked in a bike shop that carried them. I believe you are correct about the origin....hard to hold my brew still on it though... :beer:

hookookadoo
01-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Worked in a bike shop that carried them. I believe you are correct about the origin....hard to hold my brew still on it though... :beer:

Switch to frozen margaritas. No blender required. Cheers!