PDA

View Full Version : More OT: and speaking of high end cars...

SoCalSteve
01-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Anyone watch this show:

"Top Gear" on BBC America (http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/topgear/index.jsp?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=bbc_america_top_gear&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=top_gear_jan_2010)

If you like high end cars and British humor, I suggest you watch this show.

Enjoy!

Steve

sand fungus
01-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I love that show, sometimes it can be predictable but it is always good for a laugh. My two favorite episodes are the hosts driving across Botswana in cheap cars and the hosts driving from Florida to New Orleans in american cars. There are lots of other funny episodes but those two stand out to me. The cars they highlight on the show are incredible as well, I just wish we could get some of them in the US (that and I wish I could afford them). :beer:

fourflys
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
great show and from what I understand, Jeremy Clarkson is quite the celeberty over there...

gemship
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I love that show, sometimes it can be predictable but it is always good for a laugh. My two favorite episodes are the hosts driving across Botswana in cheap cars and the hosts driving from Florida to New Orleans in american cars. There are lots of other funny episodes but those two stand out to me. The cars they highlight on the show are incredible as well, I just wish we could get some of them in the US (that and I wish I could afford them). :beer:

You and me both. It's interesting how a Ferrari or Lambo looks what I would call extra exotic on top of the obvious because at least where I live in pothole ridden Ma. you hardly see those types of cars on the road. They're almost right up there with UFO sightings. Porsche's are sweet too but a good bit more common.

David Kirk
01-21-2010, 06:25 PM
It's my favorite TV show by a long shot. It's always funny and entertaining and in the case of the time they drove to New Orleans embarrassing.

Cool show.

dave

skijoring
01-21-2010, 07:52 PM
5th Gear gets my vote if it is available in the US. Lots on YouTube. Tiff Needell can drive the heck out of a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJl0-daCCHs

gasman
01-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Top Gear tops my list for TV shows. It's always entertaining and the cars you get to see at times just makes one drool.
Of course the episode where they drove to New Orleans sure made the South look bad.
Jeremey really seems to able to drive and I wonder who is the Stig ?

sand fungus
01-21-2010, 09:38 PM
There is talk about the Stig showing his face in an upcoming episode, but of course that probably won't really be him. :)

Ti Designs
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Some say he spends his spare time making bike frames in Chester CT...

TimD
01-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Julian Bailey played "The Stig" for a time.

snah
01-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Wish I was a celeb, I'd love to drive that course...

Climb01742
01-22-2010, 07:33 AM
a new season begins airing monday. yippee. i love that they will take the piss out of any car, and on their test track, they will beat the daylights out of cars costing hundreds of thousands of dollars/pounds.