PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar suggestions

TAW
01-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I like the FSA K wing bars, but not thrilled with the graphics. Any suggestions on a bar that has a flat area on the tops and are reasonably priced?

Thanks!

Nil Else
01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I like the FSA K wing bars, but not thrilled with the graphics. Any suggestions on a bar that has a flat area on the tops and are reasonably priced?

Thanks!

Stella Azzurra used to make an alloy bar with flat top but I don't see it any more in their line up. Carbon bars will have price tag especially with special shapes. Chucks bike used to have no name CF bars with the kind of shape but they are no more. I think there is Carbon something or other company that used to make cheaper CF bars that look very similar to the name brand bars but I forget the name of the company. Oh I found it: http://www.carbonLORD.com/Handlebars/index.html I have no idea as to their quality though.

Btw I have a K-wing bar and I too don't care for the graphics and for that reason it never made its way to one of my bikes for a while but the shape is sure comfy... so now it's on one of my bike. I like the shape better than some other flat bars because, although it is PITA, all the cables completely route internally through the bar and away (at least my older none compact version) thus the bar shape of the flat areas are much thinner and less bulky.

pdmtong
01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
reasonably priced carbon? I'm looking for that too :)

John M
01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
I just put a pair of Easton EA70 Wing on my cross bike. These can be found on the net for anywhere from $40-70 or so. Not bad for the money.

93legendti
01-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Easton?

Mr. Butterworth
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
3T does a bar called the Ergonova. It comes in a few versions and has very sharp looking graphics. The shape seems to be very popular as well.

old_school
01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.thenew3t.com/details.aspx?i=road&t=Dropbars&p=ergosum&d=PRO

OtayBW
01-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Modolo Curvissima. Perfect (for me). Not cheap though.

RADaines
01-20-2010, 06:17 PM
The FSA K-Force compact bar is flat on the top. I have these and I really like them. :D You need to dial in the angle to find what works for you but now I find it hard to ride a bar that is round. I don't think the one with the ergo bend is round, only the newer compact version.

tkbike
01-20-2010, 08:47 PM

Thanks!

Not sure what you don't like about the graphics, but if you shop around, there are a couple of different sets of graphics. I have a ergo and compact set on two different bikes with different graphics.

sc53
01-21-2010, 09:39 AM
The 3T Ergonova is a great bar and if you shop around--like wait for a coupon and free shipping on ProBikeKit--you can save $$$. I used to have the Stella Azzurra bar mentioned above; it was called the Tirreno. You can still find them around, I sold mine very lightly used, and there are also a couple of no-name knockoffs that look identical for under $100.

TAW
01-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. The 3T looks interesting as well as the Ritchey Evolution. The only thing I don't like about the graphics on the K-Wing is that they are red, and if you leave that part exposed, it clashes with my black/yellow Colnago. Maybe I should just quit being so vain. ;)