PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong COMEBACK 2.0 Book

norcalbiker
01-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Anyone here read this book yet? How do you like it? Yay or Nay?
Also, does anyone here knows the difference between the regular book and the Special Edition?

TIA.

ahumblecycler
01-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Not I, but an extensive search using the terms "lance armstrong comeback 2.0 book what is the special edition" provided this insight:

http://www.radioshack.com/uc/index.jsp?page=researchLibraryArticle&articleUrl=../graphics/uc/rsk/USContent/HTML/pages/comeback20.html&noBc=true

Special edition includes 16 extra pages of photos

Google, it is amazing. :rolleyes:

Idris Icabod
01-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I got it for Christmas. It isn't a book to read but a collection of photographs by Elizabeth Kreutz who I think is a young Austin, TX photographer. There is a short paragraph explaining what the picture is from Lance on each page. I though it was a pretty good gift but probably wouldn't have bought it myself.

tiretrax
01-18-2010, 05:53 PM
good book report above. i went through it in 20 minutes. probably won't pick it up again, but my children really wanted to get it for me as a christmas gift. my wife insisted that i keep it.

gemship
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
good book report above. i went through it in 20 minutes. probably won't pick it up again, but my children really wanted to get it for me as a christmas gift. my wife insisted that i keep it.

ahhh, don't be too hard on Lance or yourself :p Picture books are good to have when there's guest at the house.

Steve in SLO
01-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I got one as a gift, as well and thought it was an interesting book--largely visual with some nice shots and interesting short snippets of explanation by Lance. It took me about 30 minutes to go thru it--I guess I am a slow visual processer--and I will no doubt look at it again.
I wouldn't have bought it for myself, since the title sounds sort of cyborg-ish, but I am glad it came my way.

R2D2
01-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Decent coffee table fodder.

hairylegs
01-19-2010, 12:04 PM
>>I though it was a pretty good gift but probably wouldn't have bought it myself.

+1

I dug it though, great photos. Prob would have gone thru it in the bookstore otherwise! :)

Hawker
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
I really enjoyed this book....as I leaved through the entire thing, drank my Starbucks and then put it back on the shelf at Barnes and Noble.

I like Lance, don't love him...but the book was very well done, enjoyed the photos and the blurbs. But really, I can't imagine anyone ever looking through it more than twice.

Pretty pricey so I'm sure they were targeting the Christmas buying market.