PDA

View Full Version : Fierte IT vs Ottrott ST

93legendti
01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Has anyone spent time on both of these framesets? I love my Ottrott ST and I wonder how closely they ride. My Ottrott's geometry is close to that of a 54 Fierte.
Thanks.

dave thompson
01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Has anyone spent time on both of these framesets? I love my Ottrott ST and I wonder how closely they ride. My Ottrott's geometry is close to that of a 54 Fierte.
Thanks.
I've had both. The Fierte IT is very close in all ways to a similar sized stock Ottrott.

dekindy
01-18-2010, 01:11 PM
When I saw the question I knew Dave could help. He gave me a lot of insight into my Fierte steel versus IT question.

Just think how many more stock choices we have since September of 2006 when I make my original stock steel Fierte purchase. The Fierte model has added carbon and titanium and the HSG carbon and Classique titanium are new stock models.

SEABREEZE
01-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Good question 93
The gerneral filling is they are quite the same as a stock Ottrott, as Dave said, except when you have a Ottrott built, you can tweak it for what you are looking to get out of the frame. Whereas the fierte IT is, what you see, is what you get.

Any way you look at it, the Fierte IT is a good bang for the buck.

93legendti
01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Tempting...thinking of making a move...