PDA

View Full Version : Fierte carbon bikes

stickville
01-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Is this bike the same as the HSG with the minus the HSG geometry ? Does anybody have one?? Other than the difference in geometry why would one choose one bike over the other?

Pete Serotta
01-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Geometry and the Fierte has a taller front end (by this I mean it has a longer head tube extension so the rider is not as bent.). Naturally one can put a stem with a different rise to equal things out if they have an HSG.

In theory the HSG would also be somewhat stiffer for not all the tubes are the same in the larger sizes...but tires and wheels have a lot to do with this and I have personally liked the ride of both in a size 56cm.....

I good friend of mine rode both and got the Fierte, I got the HSG (he is still faster than me)

Marcusaurelius
01-14-2010, 02:41 PM
One is listed as the lightest, stiffest and most race worthy Serotta ever while the other is listed as smooth riding and comfort based. The fierte is built for comfort and the tall head tube and shortish top top tube would never work for anyone wanting to race or who likes to ride low in the drops.

I could never fit on the fierte because of the tall head tube and short top tube (57cm versus 55cm). It works for some (a friend of mine rides a fierte ti and loves it) but would not work for me.

stickville
01-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I have a CIII road bike and a concours cross bike.
I found on clearance a Fierte carbon in 52 cm frame.
I am old and stiff and do not want to race.
Would the stiffness in the Fierte be similar to the HSG?
There is also an Ottro for about 1K more. What would the difference between the two ?

Pete Serotta
01-14-2010, 02:59 PM
First off it is not too stiff....

With all else being equaled the Ottrott (probably has an st rear) is usually the more confy, Since the vast majority of these were custom, a black or white statement can not be made.

The Firete is comfortable if it fits you. Will it be smoother than that C111 - yes with the same equipment and wheels on it.

I know this sounds like a worn out record - but if it fits "go with the one that puts a smile on your face"!!! It will ride nice.

stickville
01-14-2010, 03:15 PM
I cannot test ride the bike because it is a frame, but I am going to make the leap!
What is not to like about any Serotta!!