PDA

View Full Version : Lemond Spine Carbon/Ti Victoire vs Carbon/Steel buenos Aires

dombo
01-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi all. Looking for some advice here. I currently ride a 2006 Lemond Buenos Aires, the steel/carbon spine design model. I've had it since new in 2007 and odne an Etape and several UK 100 mile+ sportives on it. Now I have an opportunity to buy a new 2006 Ti/Carbon victoire on closeout and wondered if anyone had any experience of this bike and could advise as to the likely differences between the two. I'm very happy so far with the the Buenos Aires and only upgraded the wheels to Easton EA90 SLXs which I would probably keep if I get the Victoire.
Thanks for any advice.

fourflys
01-14-2010, 09:44 AM
there is a guy in group that rides one and absolutly loves it...

If it's a good price and right size, I don't see how you could go wrong!

dombo
01-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks. The size is the same as mine, a 55cm and the geometry suits me perfectly. And the price now a steal as they no longer make them, though Trek still stands by the warranty. I had heard they were much stiffer and more suited to racing than sportives. At 47, sportives are much more my thing.

fourflys
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't think the guy in my group races, but he does love to climb...

wish I could help you more with the ride quality...

I would think if you buy it and don't like it, you wouldn't have much trouble selling it... especially in that size!