PDA

View Full Version : Pretty New bike on the Serotta Blog.

David Kirk
01-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Click and smile.

Dave

Lifelover
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Pretty and Hot

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yc_73xS2z80/S0zgPbNgy0I/AAAAAAAAABI/SNCnlyNWL6c/s1600/02serotta_BENsamples.jpg

Thanks for posting Dave. While criticizing the host in anyway within their own home could be thought to be in poor taste, I have been disappointed in the length between blog entries. So much so that I have stopped looking at it.

If the folks in Serotta land are listening: you don't have to have a blog, but you have to update it if you do.

P.S. The more I look at this bike the more I like it.

93legendti
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
White Ottrott-cool. :)

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=344666&postcount=1

Smiley
01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Bigger news Ben and Marcie are proud owners of a rescue dog, BRAVO.

PacNW2Ford
01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Sweet!

Pete Serotta
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Ray, you need to get over there and lend some advice, if that is not Handlebra :confused:

dave thompson
01-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Man I love white bikes!

Climb01742
01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
puts a smile on your face, doesn't it?

Ahneida Ride
01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Ray, you need to get over there and lend some advice, if that is not Handlebra :confused:

Will do !!!!

Elefantino
01-12-2010, 09:01 PM
White hoods and white tires and I think I'd get all oogie.

Brian Smith
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Searching for those keyboard covers, I found some possible blog content...if Bravo approves...

SEABREEZE
01-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I was almost going to say what no white spacers,and then I seen the black portion on the seat post.

Very Nice ! ! !

johnnymossville
01-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Man I love white bikes!

Yeah me too, In fact I'm about ready to tear down a bike and paint it white myself after looking at that. Sweet looking bike!

I Want Sachs?
01-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Wondering why Ben chose titanium lugs, seat tube and chain stays over carbon ones?
Any benefits?

Jack Brunk
01-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Really?

handsomerob
01-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't know, it is certainly a money no object build with a theme but it just doesn't do it for me.. atmo.

1.) the handlebars seem rotated up like an afterthought to get them higher.

2.) I am surprised to see a near level saddle to bar. Don't get me wrong, I know it has it's place, but I don't like to see 70 series tires on a sports car for the same reason.

3.) I really do love white bikes... but all the blinged parts make the carbon Campy Record look out of place (particularly the crankset)... which is kind of an oxymoron. I would like to see it with a silver gruppo and a more muted wheelset (black/less spokes/higher profile rims).

Sandy
01-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Bigger news Ben and Marcie are proud owners of a rescue dog, BRAVO.

:) y, What breed if you know?

Sandy

Climb01742
01-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Wondering why Ben chose titanium lugs, seat tube and chain stays over carbon ones?
Any benefits?

i believe ben has said that the ottrott is his favorite ride.

victoryfactory
01-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Any benefits?

I think it's because the Ottrott was designed before Serotta had the capability to
produce all carbon frames.
So they added as much carbon as they could on a "plug in and glue" basis.
The Ti lugs/ carbon tube produced some great qualities which was a stepping
stone to the full carbon that they are now capable of.

Rather that just outsourcing to China as soon as carbon became the latest
thing, Serotta took their usual route to full carbon which was to produce
interrum designs in house until they bought out a carbon facility to produce
the frames exactly as they wanted, under their own control.

I respect Serotta for their way of doing business

VF

johnnymossville
01-13-2010, 07:05 AM
...Serotta took their usual route to full carbon which was to produce
interrum designs in house until they bought out a carbon facility to produce
the frames exactly as they wanted, under their own control.

I respect Serotta for their way of doing business

VF

very well written,.... now let's hope the dog is a prolific writer!

spierfalls
01-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Any benefits?
Really?

Anyway I think Ray's tape will soon be the industry standard or something like that. Like the Chris King of handlebar tape. Everyone that cares about their bike should buy some.

nahtnoj
01-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I don't know, it is certainly a money no object build with a theme but it just doesn't do it for me.. atmo.

3.) I really do love white bikes... but all the blinged parts make the carbon Campy Record look out of place (particularly the crankset)... which is kind of an oxymoron. I would like to see it with a silver gruppo and a more muted wheelset (black/less spokes/higher profile rims).

I love the frame. I think the beauty of the frame would stand out more if the post, stem, saddle, tape, wheels, etc where black and not competing with the frame for attention.

Ahneida Ride
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
i believe ben has said that the ottrott is his favorite ride.

The Ottrott is an amazing ride. It is an unique product.

Go demo one.

jpw
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM
God, I'm tempted.

Skrawny
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
The Ottrott is an amazing ride. It is an unique product.

Go demo one.
+1

Ottrott is -hands down- the best bike I've ever ridden; and I have ridden every Serotta available (including the Meivici), each for 40-80 twisty, hilly, Northern California miles.

-s

tv_vt
01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
I got a Fierte IT in late fall, thus I've only been able to get it on the road a few times. But it was a true pleasure to ride! I'm just wondering how different the Ottrott is from the Fierte IT. Anybody have a chance to spend some time on both of them? Not that I'm planning any more frame purchases. I'd be happy just to get out and ride anything right now! (mid-January in VT...)

Thom

dave thompson
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Thom, I've had both and they are both terrific bikes. The Ottrott, as others have said, is the best but the Fierte IT is very close. The Ottrott is superior as it can be tailor made to be what it's owner wants and needs but for a 'stock' bike the IT is a huge bang for the bike! Wait 'till your riding season allows you to really put some miles and hours on yours.

n k
01-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Fred is a boxer :)