PDA

View Full Version : Serotta test ride programs in L.A.?

dd74
01-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Are there any? Has one ever been held here?

Tom Byrnes
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I have test-ridden Serottas at Sundance Cycles in Agoura Hills on several occasions. I ordered my Ottrott ST after a one and one-half to two hour test ride in the Santa Monica Mountains.

dd74
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Yes, when the time comes that I want to put down the $$$ for a newer Serotta other than my Paramount Ti, I'd want to take a two-hour, or maybe two-day test ride. I think my LBS would be willing to let me do something like that.

I just wonder what happens during these test programs? Does Serotta come out to a destination with a brace of bicycles in various sizes and materials? Or it is something a shop organizes in conjunction with Serotta?

deechee
01-12-2010, 12:54 PM
especially Quebec...

btw, Cycles Performance in Quebec closed months ago. The "Find a Dealer" should get update periodically... so I am officially Serotta dealer-less.

Pete Serotta
01-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Usually the dealer will put a request in to Serotta to have a demo (if one is available in that size and configuration) sent to them for a period of time.

Ken Robb
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Does this site still list the schedule for the Serotta demo van visits? I went to one of their demo days in San Diego and they had a bunch of bikes in various sizes for us to ride.

fourflys
01-12-2010, 02:28 PM
you may be able to hook with the carbon facility down here in Poway/San Diego and find something in your size to ride...

dd74
01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
you may be able to hook with the carbon facility down here in Poway/San Diego and find something in your size to ride...
We're actually thinking of doing a group ride down to SD from LA to check out the Poway factory. It'd be cool if they had a bunch of Serottas there in various sizes to try out. Does the SD facility regularly have bikes there, or just lugs?

fourflys
01-12-2010, 03:40 PM
not sure, but the guy that runs it is on here from time to time... I bet Pete could help us out with this! BTW- Let me me when and I'll meet you guys over there (I live in Poway)