PDA

View Full Version : Time Road Shoes

zott28
01-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I just bought a pair off of bonktown and was wondering if anyone has any history with them.

how do they fit?
is the toe roomy?
what kind of lifetime?
They were cheap enough that I figured I could resale them if I had too.

As long as they fit they have to be better than the Nike's that I've been wearing for 6 years.

Marcusaurelius
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I wore an older of time road shoes for several years. The fit my wide feet very well unlike sidi shoes which were always found too narrow. Of course there were the older model and I'm not sure the newer models will fit the same--or last as long.

vqdriver
01-08-2010, 06:50 PM
my first pair of real cycling shoes were times from ~1994. used up til 2007. i don't know how people trash cycling shoes, but anyhow, they held up.

at the time, they were the only shoes with a roomy toebox. very comfy for my wide feet.

the newer time shoes don't seem as roomy so i don't use em anymore so hard to speak to the quality of a new pair. but that first pair was bomber.

sspielman
01-09-2010, 06:55 AM
The higher end Times in recent years are made by DMT...and they are on the narrow side....but not so much as the straight-branded DMT's.....Those old, wider, hard wearing Times were made by Carnac....