PDA

View Full Version : VeloNews forum gone?

dvs cycles
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Anyone here visit VN also?
Seems to have vanished.

pbjbike
01-05-2010, 09:24 AM
It's gone with the new site AFAIK. Sometimes it was a free for all. :fight:

dvs cycles
01-05-2010, 09:33 AM
It's gone with the new site AFAIK. Sometimes it was a free for all. :fight:It was there this weekend even with the new formatted site.
Yes it was a free for all controlled by no one. It was like a train wreck I just couldn't stop watching. Was good when it was just TECH TALK but the few turned it into a political forum. :argue:

Peter P.
01-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks to VeloNews Editor at Large Patrick O'Grady for this RSS Feed today which gives some insight into what happened:

"The rest of my day was devoted to keeping an eye on the VeloNews.com beta site, which remains very much a work in progress. Without warning, the old site vanished overnight like the proverbial Cheshire cat, taking the readers’ forums along with it and leaving no grins behind."

I enjoy O'Grady's curmudgeonly attitude which keeps the right wingers shuddering behind their blankets. I may not agree with him all the time, but I agree with how he says it!

feed://maddogmedia.com/wordpress/?feed=rss2

LegendRider
01-06-2010, 06:06 AM
From VeloNews:
We should have a new mobile version up and running soon and our ever-popular forum will be back and better within a day or so.