PDA

View Full Version : OT: 3D Movies

Kirk007
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone see Avatar in 3D? Stepping around discussion of the story/message, what did you think of the special effects/production?

I thought it was amazing, and the previews of Alice in Wonderland in 3D was very cool as well. Will 3D stick this time? How cool would it be if a Tacx cycling video (and others like it) were in 3D and came with decent glasses - it could be the final step to making indoor trainer riding palatable.

gomez308
12-29-2009, 11:27 AM
You are right on. This was the 1st 3D movie I have ever seen, where I wasn't dissappointed. The effects are seamless. You feel you are looking through a window at the reall world of Pandora.

I thought the story was pretty good too.

chuckred
12-29-2009, 11:47 AM
I didn't notice any problems of dizziness or headaches with the 3-D glasses. I'm sold and want to go see it on IMAX now.

L84dinr
12-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Very visual movie. Looked like a Roger Dean album cover. Kept waiting for the little birds to come creeping up and then Jon Andersen... lol

I liked looking at the movie. story, meh.

I also like the new 3D stuff. Works for me, and looks good and doesnt really detract from any of the movies i have watched in the new 3D. That being stated, other than Avatar, most of the new 3D movies i have seen are children related.

snah
12-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Didn't see Avatar 3D, but did see U2 on IMAX, amazing experience.