PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dog in a tutu painting?

avalonracing
12-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I know, hell of a title for a thread.
Anyway, a while back some forum member displayed an image of a painting of a dog wearing a tutu. (I think the member may have said that his father painted it?)

Anyway, my wife loved it and still talks about it. I wish I could say that I was an eccentric art collector and that I must have it at any cost but sadly I'm not. I just wanted to let the artist or owner know how much my wife appreciated you sharing that image. So... Who is the artistic genius who has a small fan club in my house?

Steve in SLO
12-28-2009, 08:25 PM
This is the best I can do:

avalonracing
12-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Nice work Steve. Hell of a brushstroke you have there.

rounder
12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Same here. I looked for dogs in tutus (you could find tutus for dogs), but all i could find were dogs playing poker.

1centaur
12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I had that dog picture on my wall, framed, throughout my childhood. Good memories.

Steve in SLO
12-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread, but this one cracked me up even more:

avalonracing
12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Go right ahead... There is a lot of leeway for dog threads on this forum. ;) I expect that we'll hear from the artist/owner within a day or two.

Steve in SLO
12-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Am I getting closer?

Steve in SLO
12-29-2009, 10:02 AM
You might want to PM cadence90, since he has posted that his father is a painter who has painted the family dogs. I couldn't pull one up in a tutu, but there is a painting of a dog chasing a tennis ball to heaven in a past thread.

avalonracing
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow, that is kinda sad... I'm glad my wife didn't see that. I'll try him.
Thanks.

sc53
12-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Butch (Fixed)'s wife is also a painter; he once posted some of her work. I remember its being in the realistic style but can't remember if it featured dogs. I remember still lifes.

cadence90
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Hello avalon,
Thanks for the kind words and the email (without the email I would not have known to open this thread). Thank Steve's prodigious memory!

That image is here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=255011&postcount=94), in the very beautiful "Serotta Dogs...for Sandy" (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=5680&page=1&pp=15) thread that William started, and to which many forum members contributed,

Yes, my father, who passed way in 2005, painted that image. It is one of a series of small oil on paper paintings he made for my birthday a few years earlier, of all the dogs (over 30!) that my family and then I as an adult had ever had. A beautiful and very special gift. My father was an extremely talented painter and professor.

The painting is called "L'Etoile des Chiennes de Ballet", my father's humorous take on "L'etoile [La danseuse sur la scene]" "(The Star [Dancer on Stage])", by Degas.

Sadly, 99, the subject of that particular image, developed cancer of the spleen this past October and I had to have her put down. It was terrible, and very painful to be with her as she went to sleep for the last time. She now dances, in her tutu, with all the other hounds of history. She was a really lovely, kind, calm Lab/Chow mix.

Her big, beautiful and loving twin brother Max; her very handsome cousin and secret boyfriend Erasmo; and a new little, tiny, wonderful stray schnoodle that appeared on my doorstep around that time are all still with me, thankfully.

Thanks again to you and your wife for the very kind words and appreciation.

This is 99. She says hello, from Heaven.

BumbleBeeDave
12-29-2009, 07:39 PM
. . . is really going to the dogs lately. :p

BBD