PDA

View Full Version : No Serotta Calendar This Year??

jimp1234
12-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Just realized that with the demise of the Serotta store, it looks like there'll be no more Serotta calendar hanging in my home office. Any chance its for sale and I missed it? If it's no longer available any suggestions for a cycling calendar?

CNY rider
12-25-2009, 06:35 AM
World Cycling Productions always has a nice selection of calendars.
I usually find one under the menorah each year.

Pete Serotta
12-25-2009, 07:39 AM
I would love for BBDAVE to do a calendar and sell it to us forumites. His pictures are second to none in capturing the passion and excitement.

Please DAVE :banana:

Sandy
12-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Great idea! I'll buy several as long as he has the correct year and he doesn't have his photo on each page. :)

Sandy

Dekonick
12-25-2009, 07:49 AM
What do you have against tiger stripes?

Sandy
12-25-2009, 07:54 AM
I am afraid some of his photos in his "conservative" cycling attire with his BumbleBee bike will scare my dog. :)

Scared Sandy

Sandy
12-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Sorry-Duplicate post.

Smiley
12-25-2009, 08:30 AM
I would love for BBDAVE to do a calendar and sell it to us forumites. His pictures are second to none in capturing the passion and excitement.

Please DAVE :banana:

+1000 and put me down for a Zebra edition of all Daves great wardrobe takes. Dave, its not too late cause I am in for an order if you do it.

BumbleBeeDave
12-25-2009, 11:20 AM
. . . The local Office Max does nice ones . . . they charged (I think) $11 each last year. But count envelopes and mailing and I'd probably have to charge at least $16 each to just break even. I don't remember at all what Serotta was charging for theirs last year. Also I don't have enough Serotta-only art to make a whole year. It would be just general cycling photos.

How does that sound?

BBD

Dekonick
12-25-2009, 11:37 AM
look into snapfish too -

cody.wms
12-25-2009, 03:03 PM
fedex kinkos does a good job too.

Id love to have a calandar loaded up with those battenkill photos.

Pete Serotta
12-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Dave, you need to put some cost on top of it for your time, incidentals, etc....

IF we can make it "Serotta" specific to a large degree with bikes and scenes, i think it would qualify to be advertised here.... (what do the other moderators think????) :) :)

Ahneida Ride
12-26-2009, 11:48 AM
There is no doubt that BBD could put together a great calendar...

If BBD makes a few frns outa this, count me in for one.

I'll frnacate (the process of spreading frns) just for the pictures.

cs124
12-26-2009, 01:14 PM
This one's nice.

http://cyclingtips.myshopify.com/products/2010-what-you-missed-this-morning-calendar

BumbleBeeDave
12-26-2009, 08:11 PM
. . . and I would appreciate suggestions for sites where I could upload the 12 hi-res photos and people could order from the site. Last time I checked with the service I normally use--Printroom.com--they did not offer this service but were planning to. That was last year. I'll check with them again.

If anyone else has suggestions or had done this before I would appreciate your input. It would be great if I could just upload the pics, people could order through the site, get a high quality product, and I wouldn't have to do any mailing myself. If I made a few bucks off each one that would be gravy, but if not that would be OK, too.

But I could not promise total Serotta content. I do have enough Battenkill theme art that I could do the whole thing from that race, but not enough to do all Serotta.

Here's a pic from the Christmas MTB race in Central Park in Schenectady last weekend. Maybe a good "December" page pic? . . .

BBD

Ahneida Ride
12-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Does it need all Serotta content :confused: ...

or just a nice helping ..

Louis
12-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Not to be too snarky about it, but last year's Serotta edition was pretty useless as a calendar. The font used for the date numbers was so tiny you had to be right on top of the thing to read it. Nice pics, but not the greatest calendar tool.

BumbleBeeDave
12-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Not to be too snarky about it, but last year's Serotta edition was pretty useless as a calendar. The font used for the date numbers was so tiny you had to be right on top of the thing to read it. Nice pics, but not the greatest calendar tool.

I have to agree. I have used Office Max locally to make my custom photo calendars the past few years specifically because it was designed in such a way--and printed on the right paper--so you COULD use it for real day to day planning. Before that I did get calendars printed at the local photo store and friends told me that while they were beautiful to hang on the wall, because they were printed on photo paper and because the squares for each w=day were so small, they were pretty useless as real calendars.

So I would have to modify my request for recommendations and ask for ones that result in a product like Loius requests--one that has legitimately large squares and on paper that can be easily written on.

BBD

chuckroast
12-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Dave, I'd buy one. I'm indifferent as to functionality. It will hang in my garage and I'm not likely to keep appointments on it but if that's the prevailing view, no worries here.