PDA

View Full Version : Dt swiss freehub problem

thinpin
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
The freehub on my DT 1450 wheels is driving me nuts. There appears to be a lateral wobble in the cassette of about a mm in each revolution. This causes the chain and jockey wheels to be misaligned at a point during the cassettes rotation and makes a sound like it wants to jump a gear. Ive never dismantled a DT Swiss 240 freehub (Campag) before. Any ideas what the problem might be - there is no "play" in the hubs or cassette? :crap:

shiftyfixedgear
12-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Put a 1mm spacer behind the cassette ?

gdw
12-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Pull the freehub body off, literally, and then reseat it.
http://www.dtswiss.com/Service/PRODUCT-DOCUMENTS.aspx
Call the DT support guys in Grand Junction and explain the problem if that doesn't work. 970 242 9232

oldpotatoe
12-24-2009, 07:38 AM
The freehub on my DT 1450 wheels is driving me nuts. There appears to be a lateral wobble in the cassette of about a mm in each revolution. This causes the chain and jockey wheels to be misaligned at a point during the cassettes rotation and makes a sound like it wants to jump a gear. Ive never dismantled a DT Swiss 240 freehub (Campag) before. Any ideas what the problem might be - there is no "play" in the hubs or cassette? :crap:

Very easy to take off. It has a press-on axle end. Put the axle in a axle vice(if ya got one) and gently tap on the wheel/hub body and the cap will come off, followed by the freehub body. 2 springs in there and 2 ratchet rings. Once off, check the bearings in the freehub body. One may be toasted. If this counds daunting, hopefully there is a decent bike shop around tat can look into it. Very simple hub.